Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Big One match thread (before/during/after)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

You absolute legend, that MW was giving me one hell of a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God that Cisse is so annoying.

That was shocking unless the pictuers tell a different story. Bring on Flo-Po.

Mike.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hmm, entertaining games between the premierships top few sides seem fairly few and far between these days.

Hopefully it'll be a bit more open in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pretty boring so far really. A bit cagey, both teams cancelling each other out. Bit worrying from a United point of view, there's been no real creativity in midfield. I hope Sir Alex tries something adventurous sooner rather than later, like Rooney dropping deeper and Saha coming on, or else Solskjaer coming on the right to move Fletcher further in. I think he has to change something if it continues like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pants match, Liverpool have had the best chances, United have had so much possession though, so not a huge amount in it, although I think Liverpool had edged it slightly.

United clearly weak in midfield, but Liverpool not using it to their attacking advantage.
    As I expected, United are pushing it out onto the wings, specifically the left wing, and Evra has delivered some disappointing balls.

I think the best chance of the match was Rooneys run from the other half, if he had passed it off to Fletcher, I think it would have been an easy goal, but alas.

Rio has looked like he used to, playing in the form that led to people calling him the best defender in the world, except that hilarious miskick at the start, luckily Cisse made the same miskick.
    Brown is also playing solid, and Evra is dealing well enough with Gerrard, who is being forced to float around a lot, but thats his stlye anyway.

Piss poor match, but I think a goal could ignite it.
    I still expect United to edge it.

Fergie has a choice to make at half time.
    Giggs ain't doing it as an AMC.
    I think Richardson should be taken off, put Saha and Ruud up front, O'Shea and Fletcher in the center, and Giggs on the right, with Rooney on the left.

Rooney has enough discipline to track back and stop the overlap by Finnan, and could keep finnan at bay totally probably just by fear.
    Riley is having an ok game, I feel Gerrard shoulda been booked by now, which is annoying cause I'm sure he'll stop a decent breakaway with a taclke and get the yellow from it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

or else Solskjaer coming on the right to move Fletcher further in. I think he has to change something if it continues like this.

Ole is not on the bench.

Mike Igham on Five Live just mocking Sky Sport for thier description of the first half.

Saha on for O'Shea.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Saha on in 2nd half, interesting!

Saha is on for O Shea for the second half. Rooney drops back to midfield and saha up front with van

• Advertisement

Sounding a little more exciting and fluid now...

Noooooo!

Edit: Hah, almost posted 1-0 there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

woops! what a miss!

Crouch off (injury) Morientes on. Rooney has taken a knock.

Mike.

Cisse off... Pongolle on... *fingers crossed*!

United have definitely bounced back well... about ten minutes ago the commentators were saying Liverpool should get the 3 points...things have turned around somewhat.

• Advertisement

Suddenly Utd look like nabbing this.

Aaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :mad:

Mike.

Yes. Yes indeed they do... and they wouldn't be entirely undeserving either - fairly even match overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cisse is a 3 legged donkey who can't finish. Literally the only thing he can do is smack the ball as hard as possible, anything else is beyond him. Here's where Utd will rob it.

**EDIT*** no sooner did I post it .............**EDIT**

The marking was terrible. He was standign on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Ferdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

OMFG RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Come on my son.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

GO ON YOU DRUGGIE!RIO RIO RIO RIO RIO :D

yay

Turn the radio off and pound the desk. That's that then. God damn it.

Yet another last gasp win , come on you red devils.

you ****in beauty.....

Hahaha, love the way the United fans re-emerge on the thread only when the goal is scored.

Well done lads. Good game, well played. No hope of us coming back...I'd imagine it's FT now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Pure luck. United did not deserve that late goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Beautiful. Just ****ing beautiful.

FT 1-0.

Gerrard booked to cap it all. Gr. A loss is annoying. A loss to United.... gr... really expected Liverpool to "take it to them" today after years of waiting. I'm rather miffed.

Bad game alround really. Chelsea win even when they draw. What about Neville?

Mike.

• Advertisement

Oh Rafa looks sick. He has still yet to beat Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If I was a 'Pool supporter I'd be gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

goddamn all over them for 90 mins and lose to a goal by that rubbish, ugly git...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Gutted, totally gutted. To loose a game like that. There is nothing left to say.

United had a weakened midfield against a full strenth liverpool side. We put the ball in the net they did not.

Lemlin wrote:
    If I was a 'Pool supporter I'd be gutted.

Indeed. I wonder where el rabitos is - he likes to talk (crap?) on behalf of our team, perhaps he can 'spin' the game in our favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

How was it a free kick for the goal? Tackling isnt allowed anymore by the looks of it, yet Ferdinand gets away with nearly removing crouchs shirt.

Call_me_al wrote:
    goddamn all over them for 90 mins and lose to a goal by that rubbish, ugly git...
    Something is a little miffed. Good game pity it had to end that way muhahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Aquos76 wrote:
    United had a weakened midfield against a full strenth liverpool side. We put the ball in the net they did not.

but you were lucky... was never deserved on the merits of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mike65 wrote:
    What about Neville?

Mike.

BBC5Live commentators slating Neville for his actions... apparently he ran the full length of the pitch towards the Pool fans punching the air and holding the crest on his shirt at them.
    Not shown on TV though, but it was the first thing they noticed just after the goal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

relax lads, let them enjoy the win.

We'll remember to wave on our way past up the table. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There was no luck involved in that goal, terrific header.

Liverpool seemed to be playing for the draw by the end so I'm happy that United got the goal. Ferdinand & Brown were very good I thought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

It was never a free kick.
    lucky, ugly, these are trade marks of man utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

nearly removing crouchs shirt? i assume ur talking about the one in the box where he held it for about half a second.

Anyways liverpool didnt deserve to loose that. Possibly shaded it for a win but a draw woulda been a fair result.
    This being football tho Manu get it and me and my bro were dancing around the room :D

The one zonal marking seems to bite them again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It seems clear from this result that liverpool are in decline.... ;)

• Advertisement

Call_me_al wrote:
    but you were lucky... was never deserved on the merits of the game

I'd tend to agree - it probably should've been 0-0 - though I haven't seen any stats. However, as I've said before, merits don't win games, stats don't win games. Goals win games. We had none of them - so there's no point in arguing who did what/who had what because, ultimately, we lost.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

B-K-DzR wrote:
    The one zonal marking seems to bite them again?

Yeah, zonal marking is obviously their pitfall. You only have to look at the massive amount of goals they've conceded this season from set pieces alright.

Yep.

:rolleyes:

Rightfully so the man embodies the passion of the club he captains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I feel for every Liverpool fan right now, what a cruel way to lose the game after a performance that deserved at least a draw.

Except this one:
    el rabitos wrote:
    ole picking up another long term injury after a floppy sissoko challenge would be a bonus, but a draw will do

I hope you watched the game in a pub full of ManYoo fans, with your Liverpool jersey on, and spent the preceeding 89 minutes winding them up with an inflatable 5 and European Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

One thing's for sure, the Liverpool strikeforce had better watch out or Rio will overtake them in the goal charts ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement