Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100mb broadband

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

has anyone read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

I read it.

what do you think??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you gave people less than half an hour to read it on a day that boards is slow (in terms of users logged in)

i'd imagine every adsl user is trying out their new connections with their upload speeds x 2/3.

well i think its fantastic if its a reasonable price. However some people are still waiting for broadband so it might as well be 10000mbs for them.

• Advertisement

I think telewest is a cable company (if only ntl could compete with that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

That's amazing if they roll it out for a good price BT might just be forced to target fibre at those areas. *SOB* I hate Ireland - why won't NTL roll out everywhere! My phoneline is having huge difficulty with the 3Mb upgrade I may have to downgrade :mad: :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

technology sure moves fast...................... outside Ireland.....

there are plans for 24mb service in Dublin this summer... there is a thread here somewhere about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i read it, and it can only be good news.

as much as we hate the slow pace here in ireland, we would surely still be on 512/128 if it weren't for the pressures put on our own telecoms industry by outside influences and companies moving into the irish market because they saw the gap in the market for bigger/faster services.

it might take a few years to filter through to the home user, but things ARE changing for the better here, and they will continue to do so.

ireland has never been at the forefront of anything, especially technology so as much as it sucks to do so, all we can do is wait and see where this leads us.

right now i have BT going in the background, downloading steadily at 2mbps and i'm still able to surf the net on my pc and laptop symultaneously, which was not possible 2 days ago without resetting my router every couple of hours.

i'm also not getting the dropped connections that have plagued me the last couple of months so all in all i'm happy with what we have for now, until everything else in the world leaves us for dust again. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement