Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games are bad mmkay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

mom of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dammit. Some times I wish I had an obliteration ray (tm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Unbelievable :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

She has a point though. If they were on drugs they'd be interacting with happy and interesting people all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Good luck to her kids....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Oh God, thats awful. Good luck to her children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

May god have mercy on us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

good god. arrest her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Erm, she'd prefer her son to be a violent coke-head, spend his time in prison, beating people up, etc, to feed his habit and having an early death, than being normal, having a game or two, playing against his mates, and living till he's old?

Gawd, I hate these niave bitches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

perhaps brass eye sould do an episode on the evil that is...........
    COMPUTER GAMES!
    Ted Maul reports.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

as my wife says, everyone who does coke only do it while they're out cycling or playing frisbee in the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yes, your wife is right. snorting a light powder is obviously best suited for a windy park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

"A more proactive, less habitual drug like cocaine" said some bint who's apparently eroded most of her grey matter with MDMA pills and Blossom Hill.

I dunno....I prefer a balance in my gaming...a few puffs on the old crackpipe before I launch into a round of CS:S really gives me an edge :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

"At least with pills and coke you're out and about doing something".....That is a fantastic quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

which costs more though?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    which costs more though?
    Coke per month = computer per year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Coke per month = computer per year

You have a serious habbit. Seek help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Xbox360 gaming habit is costing me a fortune, with games at €70 to €80 a pop I may turn to "California Snow" just to save a few bob!

As for the mom, just a typical illinformed, ignorant parent who thinks Marilyn Manson is evil, Video Games are the work of the Devil and has erotic fantasies about Billy Ray Cyrus or perhaps Kenny G.

The kids of this class are usually out doing all the things she raves against and she strikes out in frutstration at anything that raises its head. These are the folk that want intelligent design in their schools, and we're not talking about Nintendo and Miyamoto here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    My Xbox360 gaming habit is costing me a fortune, with games at €70 to €80 a pop I may turn to "California Snow" just to save a few bob!

As for the mom, just a typical illinformed, ignorant parent who thinks Marilyn Manson is evil, Video Games are the work of the Devil and has erotic fantasies about Billy Ray Cyrus or perhaps Kenny G.

The kids of this class are usually out doing akk the things she raves against and she strikes out in frutstration at anything that raises its head. These are the folk that want intelligent design in their schools, and we're not talking about Nintendo and Miyamoto here!

She's a brit....likely at the age of 35 she lived through and has fond memories of the second summer of love ('89) and has a laidback approach to ecstasy and a bit of charlie. She seems to fear that her child is alienating themselves in their b'room playing games, but the fact is that gaming is moving toward being a lot more sociable than what it was...and either way it's a lot better than your ten yr old out doing class A as a social outlet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

BloodBath wrote:
    This man speaks the truth. You don't need a new PC every year :/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

lads im packing in the unreal tournament for a nice healthy smack habit

the ppl seem nice and having fun plus they seem to be getting alot of air.
    any other class A's ppl can reccomend?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can see the WOW clinics opening up down on Merchants quay any day now!
    Although they already have Gameworkshop stores, heck most of their customers are pale, unhealthy youths who spend far too much time with paint thinners and a 12 sided dice, perhaps we should ban such unhealthy pursuits wholesale, and get into climbing water towers with high powered rifles, I mean there is an outdoor pursuit, plenty of fresh air, meet interesting people, through your sights! Perhaps not though, the little blighters might train for the activity with Goldeneye, MDK or Unreal Tourney!

BloodBath wrote:
    Sorry, forgot the smilies:D:rolleyes::p

Seriously, tho, the current rig cost about €1000, but this is a "every 3 year" upgrade. Saying that, look at how much the WoW people pay per year. And thos people even admit to being addicted to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the_syco wrote:
    Sorry, forgot the smilies:D:rolleyes::p

Seriously, tho, the current rig cost about €1000, but this is a "every 3 year" upgrade. Saying that, look at how much the WoW people pay per year. And thos people even admit to being addicted to it!

they also die after 48hour sessions battling a troll for the sword of gondorath with will free the peoples of fantuka... all for €15/m!

Advertisement