Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate cancelled ? :(

Options
  • 22-01-2006 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

So many threads here about dont know which to dig up but suffice to say its canned.
    It pains me to say this but unfortunately Stargate SG-1 The Alliance has been canceled.

An official statement is forth coming from MGM and/or perception in the coming days.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the employees of Perception all the very best for the future. Having seen the game first hand I know you guys did a fantastic job and you have every right to feel proud of what you have done.

I encourage all the Perception employees who are hidden members of this forum to let yourselves be known. You should be proud of the work you have done and I encourage all members of the forum here to congratulate the Perception crew and to wish them all the very best.

http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=3143

http://www.bluesnews.com/ For links to the crap that preceded this.

Sucks it did actually look good and a solid idea too for a game that could be modded to pretty much cover the entire series.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

cr.ap that really looked good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

thought it was cancelled ages ago?

they should have just let the far cry mod go ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Never really cancelled read the bluesnews summing up of it for previous crap.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Are they at least releasing the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'd rather wait for an official source to give an official statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Would have liked to see a game of SG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

so the fact that my new gforce 6600 256mb arrives 2 days ago that i bought for only 2 reasons

1.This game
    2.A Replay of KOTOR and KOTOR TSL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The worst of it is that the PC version was finished, they didnt want to release it until the console ones were done though, and apparently the game disagree'd with console's and was buggy as sin on them, so they canned all the versions :( Should have released the PC one and canned the console ones imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Pugsley wrote:
    The worst of it is that the PC version was finished, they didnt want to release it until the console ones were done though, and apparently the game disagree'd with console's and was buggy as sin on them, so they canned all the versions :( Should have released the PC one and canned the console ones imo.

Leak...the power of freedom of information compels you...leeaakk the cooodddeee....

EDIT: Hack em! Someone is so going to hack their server once this gets out. Is stealing that much information even possible with a hack?

It will happen eventually, it's just a matter of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Zillah wrote:
    Leak...the power of freedom of information compels you...leeaakk the cooodddeee....

EDIT: Hack em! Someone is so going to hack their server once this gets out. Is stealing that much information even possible with a hack?
    Yeah, punish the developers for the publishers decision... Thats the right thing to do... :rolleyes:

Here's what Gateworld said....

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/01/repo...ideogamed.shtml

We're in the same position as we were since the law suit.

Shame....just look at the grpahics in that picture!
    UMPH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

R0ot wrote:
    Would have liked to see a game of SG :(
    There's a free unofficial text based one if that's any consolation:
    http://www.stargatewars.com/index.php

Advertisement