Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X2 4400+ Overclocking

Options
  • 22-01-2006 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Got the new rig up and running, gonna put some manners on it later.

Anyone give me some feedback on how there OC's have gone on the X2's?

It will be stock cooled as I am buying a new stacker next week and will be watercooling the lot when I get round to it.

What temps are acceptable on an X2? from reading around it seems I want to keep it in the low 50's as a max.

Max Vcore seems to be about 1.6V?

Setup as follows

X2 4400+
    DFI Lanparty Expert
    2 x 512MB G.Skill LE
    7800 GTX 256MB
    XFI-Fatal1ty

Inqui

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

OK got to 2.53ghz stock volts stock cooling - Temps of 42C load - Dual Prime Stable tho I only tested for 5 mins.
    32secs Superpi 1M

Will push her further in a bit........reckon I can get to FX60 speeds with everything stock.....lol I'll have saved myself 600yoyos :o)

untitled.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why does the background look FUBAR?

to make the pic smaller I saved as 16 colour bitmap :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Inquitus wrote:
    to make the pic smaller I saved as 16 colour bitmap :o)

jpeg? :confused:

You try OC'ing comp with a 1 year old baby helping and see if you can think straight :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Inquitus wrote:
    You try OC'ing comp with a 1 year old baby helping and see if you can think straight :o)

Your baby is helping you? He/She is destined for greatness!

Helping....hmmm

lets just say her idea of watercooling and mine would differ somewhat :o)

k highlights so far.

2.6ghz
    1.5V
    290FSB
    x9 Multi
    Mem 2.5-3-3-7 1T

Superpi 1M 30s
    3DMark 06 5100

CPU Has alot left in it, tho temps become an issue when I boot at 2.7ghz, so will have to get rid of stock heatsink to push beyond 2.7, temps go to high to stress test at that speed.......plus I know P4's really well, still unsure on what I will find acceptable risks with this X2.

Reckon on pushing her towards 3Ghz when I get the watercooling in. Signs look good at the mo for this chip, but as we all know there could be a brick wall just a couple of mhz up the road.

Have to say this mobo is fantastic and coupled with a couple of articles G.Skill tech support have posted on the best settings with my RAM and this family of boards I have really pushed the ram, managing at best 310FSB at 2.5-3-3-7.....not stable tested, but still I think impressive. Most I got in my ABIT IC7-G off this ram was 280 or so b4 the board crapped out.

3D Mark06 went well, impressed to break 5000 with a 7800GTX 256 first go.

2FPS in the CPU test is hard to look at tho :o)

Inqui

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Nice results so far, I wouldnt go over 1.6 vcore to keep things safe, I doubt you will get 3 ghz out of a dualcore because you rarely get 2 very OCable cores, but i think you should get 2.8ghz:)

Imagine 2* FX57s:eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Use occt to test for stability when your overclicking. It takes 30 mins so it lets you know quickly if youve gone too far.

Use prime to fine tune your max overclock, it is more intensive than occt but can take over 5 hours to get an error.

I wouldnt go beyond that voltage on stock cooling, Low temps doesn't mean the cpu wont fry. you've only got 170mhz more that you did on stock volts so be careful

• Advertisement
Advertisement