Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB email access

• 22-01-2006 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

This is my first post so please excuse any impropriey.
    On behalf of a friend I am trying to access an IBB email account.
    Is it possible for him to get his messages from my computer either using Outlook Express or through the web?
    He needs help urgently as is having trouble with his IBB connection and has no access to his email account.

Thanks,
    Tim.

PS. I am a very contented NTL customer. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Taliesin

Yes it is very possible if you have his account details (username/password etc.) and you have the pop/smtp details for IBB. Set that up as a new account in your OE and it should download any *new* messages he has on his IBB account. It won't download his old ones unless he has specifically set his own e-mail Client to 'Leave a copy of messages on the Server'

ciao, Tal :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

He could always try www.mail2web.com

Its free and will allow him to view his emails and reply etc without actually removing them from the server. Could be useful if he (ever...:D ) gets up & running again with IBB as he will then be able to d/load them to his own pc.

Advertisement