Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Laird

Options
  • 22-01-2006 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Who do you think he reckon the IRA moles in RTE are? Is this man the most bigoted man in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Er, bigoted how?

(Short shameful confession: I always misread his name and imagine something involving Mary Harney)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wouldn't that be Lady Lard?

I think Laird is a crackpot, but at times he pokes things other people want covered, so he may have his uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

have you any links to this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Flex

I think this might be it http://www.ureader.co.uk/msg/1380239.aspx

07 January 2006
    RTE last night hit back at claims by an Ulster politician that the Republic's
    broadcaster was full of IRA sympathisers.

Lord Laird used parliamentary privilege in the House of Lords to make the
    allegations that two senior officials at the national broadcaster had what he
    described as "extreme republican" backgrounds.

The UUP peer claimed that "very senior officials" in RTE were IRA moles yet
    failed to make an official complaint against the station despite his public
    allegations.

But RTE said last night: "We cannot think who he could be referring to."

Alleging infiltration of the southern media by IRA and Sinn Fein, Lord Laird
    singled out the station for criticism.

"That much of the media is now infiltrated and influenced by Sinn Fein/IRA can
    be seen in the highly negative reaction in sections of the southern media, in
    particular the State broadcaster RTE, against the Minister for Justice, Michael
    McDowell, when he outed and denounced Frank Connolly...," Lord Laird said during
    a debate on the new anti-terrorism law for Northern Ireland.

"It is not a coincidence that instead of being lauded for his actions, the
    Minister for Justice of the Irish Republic found himself the subject of a
    campaign of vilification in the Irish media. The worst example of biased
    coverage has been that of RTE.

"In view of the past two weeks, perhaps it is time that two very senior RTE
    officials explained their extreme republican backgrounds," he added.

Last night, the Ulster Unionist peer remained unrepentant about the comments.

And he vowed to name the men "at the earliest opportunity."

He said: "Questions have to be asked about why RTE consistently takes a Sinn
    Fein/IRA attitude in their views and in particular about Michael McDowell.

"I've got to wait for an opportunity but I will name them in the House of Lords
    and I will talk about their backgrounds the first chance I get."

When asked about RTE's denials about the allegations, Lord Laird replied: "Well
    they would say that, wouldn't they?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well I'd think anyone to the left of Ian Paisley and err someone else of course.

Interesting to see who his probable mole is seeing as he was saying how sources down here were gining him information. He got it straight from the horses ass
    He said: "Questions have to be asked about why RTE consistently takes a Sinn Fein/IRA attitude in their views and in particular about Michael McDowell.

Have we moved on from SF/MI5 to PD/DUP?

Didn't the PDs used to trot out the line that RTE was full of Workers Party moles? Yeah that showed them. But they can be sure they'll get it when the WP gets into power. Oh wait. . . .

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Victor wrote:
    Wouldn't that be Lady Lard?
    That's no way to talk about the hot fox.
    And he vowed to name the men "at the earliest opportunity."
    Um. Wouldn't that, technically speaking, be immediately after making the vow?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

:rolleyes:

i wonder if he's friends with Maurice "Hurricane Katrina was sent by God to punish New Orleans gays" Mills....

he couldn't actually name who he's talking about instead of throwing around accusations? maybe if he concentrated on getting stormont back up and running instead of wasting everyone's time with this bollox it'd be more beneficial to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Isn't that Lord Laird who's now in charge of the Ulster Scots Agency? Ie by definition an utter crackpot.

Sorry, let me translate.

Isn't thon fella heed mon of th'Ulster Scots Eegency? You ken, themmuns that want tae have us all slabberin' away like yon fellas in eastern Norlinn Airlann?

I would love to see one of the trilingual opinion polls that they will have to bring out in Norlinn Airlann (I'm not making that spelling up by the way. That really is Northern Ireland in Ulster Scots)

Could you imagine?

Do you
    a) strongly agree.......................Aye Rightly

B) slightly agree........................Och, ye never know

c) have no opinion.....................Couldn't be arsed, hi.

d) mildly disagree.......................Away and sh1te

e) strongly disagree....................Navurr, Navurr, Navurr

Isn't that Lord Laird who's now in charge of the Ulster Scots Agency? Ie by definition an utter crackpot.

Sorry, let me translate.

Isn't thon fella heed mon of th'Ulster Scots Eegency? You ken, themmuns that want tae have us all slabberin' away like yon fellas in eastern Norlinn Airlann?

I would love to see one of the trilingual opinion polls that they will have to bring out in Norlinn Airlann (I'm not making that spelling up by the way. That really is Northern Ireland in Ulster Scots)

Could you imagine?

Do you
    a) strongly agree.......................Aye Rightly

B) slightly agree........................Och, ye never know

c) have no opinion.....................Couldn't be arsed, hi.

d) mildly disagree.......................Away and sh1te

e) strongly disagree....................Navurr, Navurr, Navurr

:D

Snickers Mon,

Cheers for putting me in mind of that, it had gone out of ma mind so it had. But isn't that thon agency that heed yer man was lifted for kiddy fiddlin in 'Merica? So wuldn't that make Laird Laird a known associate of a peedofile? Unless this is all yon Republican propoganda, and she was actually a double agent?

This Lallans lark is easy, and the grammatical structure is remarkably similar to English for a distinct language :D Now are they still paying grants for this kind of thing? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Lord Laird would use Parliamentary privilege knowing full well that no libel case can follow. Mebbe he's naw rite in the heed.

Snickersman: Your ulster scot paragraph gave me the best laugh I have had in a long time.

Snickers Mon,

Cheers for putting me in mind of that, it had gone out of ma mind so it had. But isn't that thon agency that heed yer man was lifted for kiddy fiddlin in 'Merica? So wuldn't that make Laird Laird a known associate of a peedofile? Unless this is all yon Republican propoganda, and she was actually a double agent?

This Lallans lark is easy, and the grammatical structure is remarkably similar to English for a distinct language :D Now are they still paying grants for this kind of thing? :D

ever read any articles on wikipedia in ulster-scots? Iv done it a couple of times and i can easily understand most of the words in the articles i read. i swear its like english being spoken by a guy with a real strong scots accent and spelt phoenetically tbh or maybe iv developed a sudden flair for languages. pity ulster-scots wasnt an available language for the leaving cert course, couldve gotten an A1 or A2 lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Here's a great piece of publicly funded institution speak from the Ulster Scots Agency Web site.

Hilary Avery [director of the Ulster-Scots Curriculum Development Unit at Stranmillis University College in Belfast ] explains: “..The aim is not to teach Ulster-Scots as a language, but to recognise the rich oral tradition which exists in many parts of Ulster where Ulster-Scots expressions are part of everyday speech. "

So it's not a language at all, just a source of 'expressions' which have made their way into everyday speech in Ulster. A bit like 'G'wan oudat!' in Cork and 'Gerrup the yard' in Dublin.

If you doubt that why not take the test of your ability to speak Ulster Scots at the same Website. There are three options for each word: English, Ulster Dialect and Ulster Scots. Count how many times two of the three options are to all intents and purpose identical.

Separate language my foot!!!

This is where Parity of Esteem becomes ridiculous. Ulster Scots isn't a language, it is at most a dialect, the grammatical structure is practically identical to English.

Of course the fact that the Taigs have a strong culture which historically goes back at least 5,000 years (Newgrange has been dated to 3,000 BC approx), and a vibrant language (in the North anyway) means that they have won the cultural war.

In a feeble attempt to make it seem like Unionists actually have a culture worth the name*, there have been attempts to create one. This has ranged from extreme revisionism of myth and history [Cuchullain as Loyalist hero :eek: ] to "creating" their own language. Both governments passed a blind eye to this as part of the parity of esteem element of the GFA. They couldn't be seen to give all the grant money to the Nationalists so any half "decent" scheme on the Unionist side would qualify for grant money. Easy money too by the sounds of it.

*Of course Ulster Protestants have some culture but very little of what is known as "high culture" i.e. Literature, Music, Dance etc when compared to us down here.

This is where Parity of Esteem becomes ridiculous. Ulster Scots isn't a language, it is at most a dialect, the grammatical structure is practically identical to English.

Of course the fact that the Taigs have a strong culture which historically goes back at least 5,000 years (Newgrange has been dated to 3,000 BC approx), and a vibrant language (in the North anyway) means that they have won the cultural war.

In a feeble attempt to make it seem like Unionists actually have a culture worth the name*, there have been attempts to create one. This has ranged from extreme revisionism of myth and history [Cuchullain as Loyalist hero :eek: ] to "creating" their own language. Both governments passed a blind eye to this as part of the parity of esteem element of the GFA. They couldn't be seen to give all the grant money to the Nationalists so any half "decent" scheme on the Unionist side would qualify for grant money. Easy money too by the sounds of it.

*Of course Ulster Protestants have some culture but very little of what is known as "high culture" i.e. Literature, Music, Dance etc when compared to us down here.

Thats something that really and truly pisses me off more than anything else. Unionists trying to claim parts of our ancestory and culture (ie. Cuchullain, the Red Branch Knights, the whole Ulster Cycle from our legendary cycles) as theirs because they live in the area where those events happened and dont have a strong culture of their own. Its the same as the white man in America trying to take credit for things done by Native American Indians centuries before white people set foot in the American continents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Who do you think he reckon the IRA moles in RTE are? Is this man the most bigoted man in Ireland?

The funny thing is is that SF think that RTE hate them, claiming that RTE always air Michael "Gerry Adam used to molested cats" McDowell latest statements at face value with no argument, and that they have it in for a southern S/F government

So really RTE can't win, except you can kinda take it they are doing something right if everyone hates them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think he might have a point about some of the Irish media, take for example the Dublin Radio Station "Newstalk 106" which is obviously a pro Sinn Fein mouthpiece in the City! and with recent revelations that the Stations Editor is a close associate of frank Connollys and is on the board of the 'Centre for Public Investigation' which in turn has a question mark hanging over it re the IRA Columbia three false passport carry on ..........................

Arthur

Dunphy had Lord Laird on this morning and he gave him a clean bill of health, mind you he did say unfortunately!

I never thought that Newstalk was a SF mouthpiece though, just that Dunphy can be a bloody sycophant when he's interviewing some people. As for Damien Kiberd I never thought of him as a fellow traveller. But I will keep my eyes open ;)

And as for the CPI I think that it was doing a necessary job, but the powers that be used any and every trick in the book to shut it down, even to the point of seriously undermining democracy and the rule of law. Something that Lord Laird is also threatening to do. Funny how birds of a feather seem to flock together isn't it?

Now relax and get your self a couple of arthur j's

Flex wrote:
    Its the same as the white man in America trying to take credit for things done by Native American Indians centuries before white people set foot in the American continents.

Never mind the fact that Cuchullain was a Louthman! But joking aside the whole thing is that the Unionists realise that they never had a chance of gaining international sympathy the way that the Nationalists did. Their (cultural) story was never strong enough.

The fact is that there are more cultures than there is available land (and resources) worldwide which is a major reason why you have wars like in the middle east, balkans etc. The Balkan one is interesting in that the the Bosnians spoke Serbo Croat until they got their own country, then "Bosnian" officially became an official language probably similar situation to "Ulster Scots" above, another way of cementing a claim to land.

Apologies to any Bosnians if I am wrong!

Now now, we must respect their Cultures and ways. After all, they have the Ulster Scots translation of the "Ulster-Scots Agency" (it's called Tha Boord o Ulstér-Scotch), showing what a huge difference there is between English and Ulster-Scots.

Almost as much of a difference as there is between the queens English and Cockney Rhyming Slang or Jive, except the latter 2 you will at times be stuck to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Have a look at the Scottish Parliment website... nearly as embarrassing as this Ulster-Scots as a language nonsense.

Have a look at the Scottish Parliment website... nearly as embarrassing as this Ulster-Scots as a language nonsense.

It's almost like those who type in textspeak, but with a number of spelling errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I had a er debate with kilsally about this last week. The thread has since been 'tidied up and locked'. Basically I told them that a lot of people along the border here in Donegal would use some ulster scot phrases in normal conversation. However these people are for the most part nationalist minded and how did they factor that into the equation as the ulster scots society is predominantly unionist. He told me to form our own society and avail of any grants etc. that were available. This I informed him is what I believe they have done and told him if they were forever going on about being the queen's subjects then surely they should speak the queen's english. Well he then quoted european parliament recognition for ulster scots, and tied it all up to the united irishmen movement and a corrupt church of england biased government in dublin in the 1700s and everything else he could think of. I can see were the culture stealing idea comes from.

Houl yer whisht mon!

I know we've gone off thread slightly but what's next? A Dortspeak* agency? Well if Ulster Scots can get one then so should Glenageary roysh. Hands off guys the idea is mine, unless you know about raising grant money :D .

After much historical research it has come to light that Dortspeakers comprise a different cultural grouping which has been entirely ignored in favour of Tallaghtfornians, Ballybrackers and Northsiders (except Howth and Clontorf) and all boggers. Urgent action is being taken to redress this shameful state of affairs and we have been assured that the european parliament will take note of the existence of Dortspeak and include it in it's list of recognised languages. . . . .

*We can include Dublin 4 and 6 as far as Ranelagh in this even though they don't have the dort but they do have the Luas. And who's constituency is this? That's roysh Michael McDowell, Lord Lairds favourite TD. Funny how we got back to him isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Heard a good joke recently about the man that was attending an ulster scots meeting and stopped off in the diner of the hotel

On going up to select his dessert and eying up the variety of sumptious dishes in front of him he pointed to this flan like offering and asked the waitress -- "Is that a cake or a meringue" (pronounced merang). The waitress said "no, you're right" :D:D:D:D

Say it a couple of times and it will come to you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Kilsally

hmm sounds like a blatant disregard for parity of esteem to me and just a whiff of supremacy. Ulster-Scots is a dialect of Scots not English. Scots has several regional dialects. It is a full fledged language with its own grammar and a huge vocuabulary far in excess of a "dialect". I suggest you read some Robert Burns as it is one and the same as Ulster-Scots. Thats literature. How about Field Marshall Montgomery Pipe Band from Lisburn? Ulster champs,, All-Ireland champs, Scottish Champs, British Champs, European champs and World Champs. That would be music. Dance well we can do Irish dancing and Scottish dancing as well as anyone else.

Highland dancers "fling" over to Edinburgh Tattoo

The Co Tyrone based group "Bready Sollus Highland Dancers" is celebrating the success of two of its young stars selected to perform next month at the Edinburgh Tattoo.

Shelley Anne Campbell (17), and Georgina Kee, (15), have only three years dancing experience but have come along 'leaps and bounds' to beat off competition from 90 other Scottish dancers and secure a place in the elite troop who will perform at this world renowned music and dance exhibition showcase event.
    Shelley Anne said: "To qualify we had to do two dances - "Flora McDonalds Fancy" and "Barracks Jonnie" - in front of Bill Forsythe, chairman of the Scottishofficial board of highland dancing."
    Co Tyrone's Bready Sollus Dancers, Shelley Anne Campbell (17), left, and Georgina Kee (15).

The Tattoo, which has been running since 1950, is always a sell-out event attracting huge audiences from across the world. More than 30 different countries have participated to date developing a cosmopolitan feel to the event.

A coach load of family and friends will travel to Scotland in support of the girls.

James Kee, founding member of the dance school and proud father of Georgina, said: "It's unbelievable. In our home it's almost with religious fervour that we watch the Edinburgh Tattoo on television and to think there will be two from our group actually performing this year is tremendous."

The girls are also in demand for their musical talents. Both are members of Bready Pipe Band and will perform in the World Championships in Glasgow Green later this year.

The girls' busy schedule shows no signs of slowing down as they have now been invited to participate in another tattoo event in Holland this September.

"I'm equally passionate about the dancing and music as I feel that they both compliment each other," said Georgina. "I'm hoping to continue the family tradition and teach highland dancing in the future."

I suggest you start here for Scots language resources:-

http://www.scots-online.org

Beasties

Clock-leddy, clock-leddy
    flee awa hame,
    Your lum's in a lowe,
    Your bairns in a flame;
    Reid-spottit jaiket,
    An polisht black ee,
    laund on ma luif an bring
    Siller tae me!

Ettercap, ettercap,
    Spinnin your threid,
    Midges for denner, an
    Flees for your breid;
    Sic a mishanter
    Befell a bluebottle,
    Silk roond his feet-
    Your haund at his throttle!

Mowdiewarp, mowdiewarp,
    Howkin an scartin,
    Tweed winna please ye,
    Nor yit the braw tartan,
    Silk winna suit ye,
    Naither will cotton,
    Naething, ma laird, but the
    velvet ye'v gotten.

smashey wrote:
    I had a er debate with kilsally about this last week. The thread has since been 'tidied up and locked'. Basically I told them that a lot of people along the border here in Donegal would use some ulster scot phrases in normal conversation. However these people are for the most part nationalist minded and how did they factor that into the equation as the ulster scots society is predominantly unionist. He told me to form our own society and avail of any grants etc. that were available. This I informed him is what I believe they have done and told him if they were forever going on about being the queen's subjects then surely they should speak the queen's english. Well he then quoted european parliament recognition for ulster scots, and tied it all up to the united irishmen movement and a corrupt church of england biased government in dublin in the 1700s and everything else he could think of. I can see were the culture stealing idea comes from.

Houl yer whisht mon!

right, so who were the leaders of the United Irishmen? Erm the Presbyterians Scots planters. Who were they fighting against? The British / English / Irish ruling classes right? Where were they ruled from? not London but the Dublin parliament which was exclusively Anglican (Church of Ireland / England)...the act of Union did not occur until the early 1800`s. The United Irishmens rebellion occurred in 1798.

. Shortly after the United Irishmen rebellion in 1798 the act of Union between Great Britian and Ireland occured.

Samuel Neilson, a Scots-Irish contemporary of Thompson and a founding father of the United Irishmen, remarked just prior to the Act of Union, "I see a union is determined on between Great Britain and Ireland. I am glad of it." Neilson accepted the Act of Union without shedding his sense of Irishness. He, like many other members of the Society of United Irishmen, became Irish Unionists because they saw in the union an end to the corrupt Ascendancy-based Dublin Government. Indeed this was the position of Sir Edward Carson, who was at heart an Irish Unionist. It is significant that at that time the Orange Order (which I think only accepted Anglican at that time) and the Anglo-Irish Protestant Ascendancy were bitterly anti-unionist.

Samuel Thompson, the Bard of Carngranny, expressed the position of eighteenth century Irish Presbyterians in the following verse: - "I love my native land, no doubt, Attach'd to her thro' thick and thin Yet tho' I'm Irish all without I'm every item Scotch within.".

These might interest you also:-

Back To The Battle Of Saintfield
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/story/22143

By David Young

Saturday 20th August 2005
    MORE than two centuries after the United Irishmen's rebellion swept through Co Down, pikes and muskets will again be employed in battle in Saintfield today. On June 9, 1798, three weeks into the ill-fated rising, the rebel soldiers won a rare victory over the Crown forces on the fields around the town and now the opposing sides are set to clash once more.

That battle is being recreated for a new dramatised documentary about the fascinating period in Irish history when Protestant and Catholic alike rose against the ruling establishment. The film concentrates in particular on the life of the Rev Thomas Birch, the Presbyterian minister who formed the first society of the United Irishmen in Co Down and then led the insurgents into battle against the York Fencibles at Saintfield. Like so many Protestant families in those tumultuous days, the Birchs were wrought by division, and while Thomas led the rebels, his brother George, a staunch loyalist, commanded the Newtownards Yeomanry. With a cast of over 50 actors and battle re-enactors, the documentary, which is being made by Lynx Productions, will be shot over the next 10 days and will take in a range of locations such as Down County Gaol, Armagh and Mount Stewart.

"It really focuses on this divided family," said director and script writer Vivienne Hewitt. "Thomas was almost hung for his part in the rebellion and he was saved by his brother George who was JP in Down and a member of the Newtownards Yeomanry. "And George's young sons had actually joined the rebel side and fought with their uncle; and tragically one of them, John, was killed. "There was also a 16-year-old boy called Ensign Sparks who died fighting with the Fencibles and the film touches on the lives of these two young lads who both died in the battle. "The First Saintfield Presbyterian Church and the Price-Griffith family have both been kind enough to let us film on their land so it's going to be an exciting day." The film also focuses on the genesis of Orangeism, which was to emerge during those times, and indeed many of the first Orange lodges were formed by regiments of the Crown.

"So you had strange scenario of Yorkshire Orangemen getting attacked by Ulster Presbyterians," said Vivienne. "It was one of those strange paradoxical event that many have forgotten about our history."

Playing one such Crown soldier who had links with the Orange is Ulster Unionist peer and Ulster Scots enthusiast Lord Laird, who will don full military regalia of the era for his role. "I'm very pleased to be part of something that celebrates and expresses the Ulster Scots culture in a positive way," said Lord Laird. "It's a bit part really, but I have a few lines. Though I don't think it will get me on to Coronation Street." Filming at today's re-enactment is open to the public and gets under way outside the First Presbyterian Church at 7.15pm.

d.young@newsletter.co.uk

Battle of Saintfield re-enactment and film

http://www.ulsterscotsagency.com/ulsterscotOct05no3a.asp

The dramatic story of conflicting loyalties which characterised East Ulster during the 1798 Rising will now unfold in a dramatised documentary written and directed by Vivien Hewitt and filmed by Lynx Productions.

The film, which is Lottery-funded through the Northern Ireland Film and Television Commission, has been shot on location at Saintfield during the re-enactment, at Mount Stewart, Hillsborough Court House, Comber Parish Church and Dan Winter's ancestral home at The Diamond, Loughgall.

It follows the story of the Rev Thomas Ledlie Birch as he founds the Society of United Irishmen in Co Down and radicalises his flock from the pulpit.

Meanwhile, men like his brother George affirm their loyalty to the King by riding with Lord Londonderry's yeomanry or like Colonel Granville Chetwynd-Stapylton by founding an Orange lodge among his Yorkshire soldiers.

George Birch, pillar of the establishment, will see his teenage son die leading the rebels and his brother tried for treason.

On August 20, both Government and rebels mustered their forces in the field at York Island, Saintfield site in Co Down, the only rebel victory of the '98 Rebellion in Ulster.

It was a battle fought between Presbyterian United Irishmen, inspired by the republican principles of their Ulster-Scots cousins in America, and Government troops from the York Fencible Regiment which had founded LOL No 145 in 1796 on a warrant issued by the son of George III. The Yorkshire men were backed up by the local Newtown and Comber Cavalry, raised by Lord Londonderry.

In an extraordinary recruiting drive, York Island Arts and Heritage Association brought together a great diversity of forces including members of today's York, Cross of St. Patrick and Hearts of Down Orange lodges, cross-community living history groups, The Minstrel Boys and North Irish Dragoon Society, enthusiastic Saintfield volunteers and a strong team of Ulster actors drawn from throughout the Province.

An "Awards for All" grant allowed York Island to put its best foot forward with the high profile human resources, complemented by authentic period costumes and props. The well-staged battle and moving commemoration ceremony were followed by BBC Radio Ulster as well as an enthusiastic public.

The film was edited last month and will be ready for presentation in the late autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Kilsally wrote:
    hmm sounds like a blatant disregard for parity of esteem to me and just a whiff of supremacy. Ulster-Scots is a dialect of Scots not English. Scots has several regional dialects.

Scots is a dialect of English and Ulster-Scots is a regional dialect of Scots therefore Ulster-Scots = a regional dialect of English

Advertisement