Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Connection

Options
  • 22-01-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I'vee been in touch with the ESB regarding a new connection and they have replied with a list of things they want before the send me a price and time frame. Two of the things they want are a site map and a ordinance survey map. The OS map I think should be fine, I just contact them in the phoenix park aa far as I know. But as for the site map I'm unsure where to get this. When I bought the house where I am getting this new connection I had a an engineer do a survey and I remember seeing a map with boundaries marked but I don't have this anymore. Whether it was lost or if whether I didn't get it back from the solicitor I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me how I go about getting a new one? Is this the correct map I want for ther ESB? Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

They're basically looking for a site plan layout, something showing the proposed source of supply, site boundaries, proposed building, proposed metering route, underground cable route etc.
    Your architect / engineer should have this drawing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Eve1

You should be able to get them both of your engineer or else if your planning dept. have applications online you should be able to download them both from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's just a garage conversion I'm doing but I want to have it on a seperate meter to the house. I'm not involving an architect or engineer in the building so obviously can't get this from them. Can I just send the OS map and the land folio which indicates where the garage is in relation to the house? Someone told me they send a guy out from ESB and I tell him where the meter is going to be and where they fuse board will be and then he tells me what he needs done in relation to ducts and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Not an expert on this but...

As far as I know you don't have to go to the ESB for this. You can take a supply from your board and put a sub-meter on it. Ask your electrician

Just do up a drawing of the site and the proposed garage, get the info on the ducting route from the aforementioned ESB guy when he does on the site survey and then include this information on the drawing.

Basically what they're looking for is a drawing that they can give to the Networks staff that will tell them where the meter is going and how they are going to get their cable into it from the nearest source of supply.
    You'll need to install a duct to the esb standards.

Download the duct spec and the housing schemes guide from the esb website and you should get an idea of what you have to do.

Dont get too flustered over it, it's very straightforward and wont cause you any problems.

• Advertisement

Not an expert on this but...

As far as I know you don't have to go to the ESB for this. You can take a supply from your board and put a sub-meter on it. Ask your electrician
    This is illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Tobi2

Have you contacted your solicitor, as he/she probably still has the site map in your file?
    ESB will send you list of things to do and where to locate the meter box at an acceptable place for them.
    It does look complicated but it is not really.
    Good luck
    Tobi

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

air wrote:
    This is illegal.

Hence my statement "Not an expert on this but...".

Are you sure though? I overheard an electrician suggest this to a mate.

Advertisement