Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New generation of musicians

Options
  • 22-01-2006 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hey all,just wondering what ye all think of all the young bands around galway these days,like the ones below 20.I was at a semifinal battle of the bands last night,and i was kinda disgusted.out of 4 bands (there should have been 5 but i think they were disqualified), 2 got through to nationals,1 of which deserved it, but the other not so much.Im not gonna name any bands cos I dont want to offend anyone,but do you think we're going to have some good gigs with the up and comings? I know not every band out there is going to enter a BOTB but is there any bands you think we should keep an eye out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Joey Shabadoo

Ghostwood Project.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I heartily endorse the Dirty Sweets. And not because they're friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The Hardcore Priests of Yemen were decent while they were around - from thehandful of tunes and the odd drunken recording the brother's given me.
    Jung Turks impressed me a few months ago in the BOTB in Róisín's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Robbo wrote:
    I heartily endorse the Dirty Sweets. And not because they're friends.

Just clicked onto that, listened to the recording..I have to say, that aint half bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Ya i think i will go and see them on the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

A Band Called Wanda are pretty good.
    Pretty damn good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Drive By Confusion get my vote, they got robbed at the battle of the bands the gaff held last year, and three of the members are on boards so ya gotta love them now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

ya drive by were class when they were still together,paddys a legend lol!Phalanx won that BOTB didnt they?it seems vaguely familiar,as they were the ones who won the semifinals recently.Whatever happened to that Xero band?they were pretty big last year with the young crowd werent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah DBC were robbed damn Phalanx /shakes fist.

if only the sweets had been thrown ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

wasnt it down to a kind of "pick a name out of a hat" thing?thats what i heard.That gig was pretty class,the competition was great!know of any other cool bands around the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Can anyone tell me the name of this band I saw in Cuba about 4/5 years ago? I think they were local. They wrote all of their own songs but they had very funny lyrics. I remember one line had something to do with "coming on my shoe"??
    Often wondered who they were.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

kc66 wrote:
    Can anyone tell me the name of this band I saw in Cuba about 4/5 years ago? I think they were local. They wrote all of their own songs but they had very funny lyrics. I remember one line had something to do with "coming on my shoe"??
    Often wondered who they were.
    Sounds like Fuzzburger, who I'm pretty sure are now defunct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Yep. the song's called Banking at Work.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

hard core priests of yemen have a funny song like that called "billy, get a job". as for the disqualified band, i think that was due to a genuine misunderstanding over alcohol on the premises-they're meant to be pretty good and could have done really well

Advertisement