Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT failure - laughable.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Con_316

Litcagral wrote:
    cianclarke wrote:

I'd laugh, only it means I have to fork out a load of dosh to get some trivial petty non-faults fixed for these tyrants at the NCT.
    QUOTE]

No one is forcing you to drive a car. If you are not happy complying with the regulations that pertain to the rest of us, why not give up driving altogether and buy a bicycle. The NCT are obliged to carry out these tests and generally do it in a fair and impartial manner. If you have a problem with the NCT you should lobby your public representatives and the Minister for Transport instead of abusing the NCT in a very immature manner for doing their job correctly. Did you seriously expect your car to pass with the faults listed above?

In fairness, stop coming on to threads to just give out to people for being annoyed about failing the nct. you're just thread spoiling, as you only came on here to give out. What is peoples problem?

Anyway, Back to what i originally intended to say:
    OP: That steering/ tie rod issue will definately need the car either jacked up, or most likely up on a lift to fix it. And that one is fairly important as if it failed you could have a problem as it's holding things togrther in that are.
    I actually agree with you on the ridiculous nature of some nct failures. A car i have failed the NCT because of a stone chip on the windscreen, the "Luimneach" sign on the back number plate being faded in such a way as you couldnt see the L and H, my (optional extra) front fog lights not working (i didnt even know beforehand if they worked or not because i'v never used them) and my exhaust bieng too loud by 0.5db

Advertisement