Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan

Options
  • 22-01-2006 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

I reckon he's a bit of a leg.

What say you ?

Is Gerry a leg' of the boards 112 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    28% 32 votes
    Refer to option 1
    71% 80 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

I dont think enough old women visit boards to give him a yea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nay.

More of an arse, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

When we get to "fat obnoxious DJ legends of the boards" then I might just grudgingly vote for him, until then never ever ever !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Only Atari Jaguar can save us now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I think ThatGuy is is gerry ryan. he's been spamming ****e loads of forums in his quest for recongition. twat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Gerry Ryan is the very worst of a very bad bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hes a pratt

All he goes on about is when he got his tubes tied :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    hes a pratt

All he goes on about is when he got his tubes tied :rolleyes:

I think he is great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

He is great. No matter what seems to be the topic of discussion I always find him.....just interesting! Used to listen to him alot in the mornings, can't even remember the last time I heard him now....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

He's embarassing to listen to, arrogant and pretentious. I'd get rid of him and Tubridy if I could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

He's embarassing to listen to, arrogant and pretentious. I'd get rid of him and Tubridy if I could.

Too right , their as bas as each other , 2 pratts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Ah Tubridy and Ryan , if they got sacked at RTE they could become Laurel and Hardy impersonators

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Tubridy and Ryan are overpaid idiots.

I can sort of understand Ryan being popular, but Tubridy? his chat show is a crime against t.v and his atempts at humour are cringeworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Scruff wrote:
    he's been spamming ****e loads of forums in his quest ...

Ok, so posting in 2 forums, one of which pretty much invites off-topic threads (AH) qualifies as "spamming" ?!

--Spamming is the use of any electronic communications medium to send unsolicited messages in bulk, indiscriminately--

So you are saying that, that is what I am doing? :rolleyes: Get over yourself mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ThatGuy wrote:
    Ok, so posting in 2 forums, one of which pretty much invites off-topic threads (AH) qualifies as "spamming" ?!

--Spamming is the use of any electronic communications medium to send unsolicited messages in bulk, indiscriminately--

So you are saying that, that is what I am doing? :rolleyes: Get over yourself mate.

I counted three.
    Spamming
    - Posts that are just complete nonsense will be deleted. You do not need to post threads in multiple forums. You may ask a Moderator if you think the post is important.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304451

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 binaryboy

gerry ryan a legend? never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

He is a breath of fresh air in the morning, great family values appricates what he has, can talk about bras one minute then turn and console someone who has had a death in the family, he can talk to the billionaire and then the street tramp no difference to him, irish people are begrudes and this thread just proves it, why cant we be happy for other people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

oulu wrote:
    great family values

I just had to laugh when I read this.......I live quite near to him and all my female friends in the area describe him as one of the most lecherous people you'll ever meet !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

STFU gerry ryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

dirty old pervert, saw him on his way up to his room with a young one one night, gave me a wink and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

see if i read that before i posted i'd have said yay. but that aside "tube talk" make him a nay

Well seeing as it's the festive time of year - does he deserve a second chance?

gerry_ryan.jpg

You'd be hard pushed to find a better candidate ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think he's a tit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

ThatGuy wrote: »
    Well seeing as it's the festive time of year - does he deserve a second chance?

Oh, all right then! I think he's...........

Arrogant
    Repulsive
    Sycophantic
    Egocentric
    Horrendous
    Obnoxious
    Lecherous
    Egregious

That's the Christmas spirit out of the way, now I'm going off to work on his bad points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

he's not the good kind of pompous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

His daughters hot BTW, if that counts for anything....
    2904535.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6780F57AF406150629930FDCFC4C15FBB

jimbo78 wrote: »
    His daughters hot BTW, if that counts for anything....

Aye, the fruit of the great man's loins, as it were - what a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

don't forget pat kenny lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pelagius

The Office of the Mayor of New Orleans has confirmed it is examining federal protocols concerning state complaints to international governments, following comments allegedly made on an Irish Radio Station earlier today.

During the course of his daily talk show on station 2FM, Irelands second national radio station, Presenter Gerald Ryan described American rap artists as “slimey and sickening” and that “the only good thing to come out of the New Orleans tragedy was that a lot of these guys got washed away”.

Reacting to the alleged comments Randy Kleaseman, a spokesman for New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin described them as 'politically outrageous, extremely derogatory and racially offensive', also adding that Mayor Nagin was not the type who would 'take kindly' to such remarks. The mayor has previously made worldwide headlines when he proudly called for New Orleans to become a 'Chocolate City' once more, following the widespread devastation suffered during 2005's Hurricane Katrina. The term comes from a 1975 funk song by Parliament, which celebrates black empowerment and lists Afro-American mayors of major US cities.

The mayor's office says it is currently “considering its response” following attempts to establish the exact nature of the comments from the stations archive of daily podcasts. “We received information that the show is available from the stations website but apparently the alleged comments have not been included as part of the download.” RTE, Ireland's national broadcaster, has so far failed to reply to initial enquiries.

It is understood the mayors office has already made a complaint to the nearest Honorary Irish Consul in Texas, John B. Kane. Whether or not he will decide to forward that complaint to the Irish Embassy in Washington D.C. remains to be seen. Eamon Confrew, Press Secretary at the Massachusetts Avenue office has confirmed it has not received any formal notice of complaint from any of its consulate generals within the United States. An Iveagh House spokesman for Dermot Ahern, Minister of Foreign Affairs also refused to comment when asked about the incident.

Radio presenter Gerry Ryan earned almost €488,000 in basic salary last year, a jump of €25,000 on the previous year. "The only reason I'm paid that amount of money is that RTE make a huge amount of money through radio sales out of the programme. That's the only reason anyone should be paid a large amount of money," Mr Ryan said when questioned about his salary.

http://www.nola.com/t-p/

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/podcast/podcast_gerryryan.xml

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭okshea

gr reminds me of a dirty old man,i wouldnt listen to his show that much but any time he had a chance to say anything dirty he seemed to relish it+dat show he had on rte interviewing people in it he seemed v.pompous!!.

Advertisement