Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pin 2 code?

• 22-01-2006 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why mobile phone companies don't give you your pin2 code when you buy a sim with their network? The features on my phone that require my pin2 code are quite handy features that I wouldn't mind having like call cost counters etc. Anyone know the procedure involved with getting your pin2 code? Last I remember for Vodafone you had to write away to somewhere in Athlone to get your pin2 sent out to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved to Mobiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

nesf wrote:
    Moved to Mobiles.
    Oh sorry, wrong form, Thanks for the movage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Binomate wrote:
    Oh sorry, wrong form, Thanks for the movage!

Np, we aim to please.

Or at least, we do so in between the random beatings, strip searches and canings. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

0000 is the default pin code. If it is set then it should have been given to you. If not, then just ring the customer support and ask them for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

0000 is the default pin code. If it is set then it should have been given to you. If not, then just ring the customer support and ask them for it :)
    I think OP was refering to the Pin2 code, not the Pin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I think OP was refering to the Pin2 code, not the Pin

I meant the Pin2 code. ..there is no default pin code 0000 in operation by any Irish Network anymore :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm on O2 and they give out a PIN2 and PUK2 code. Ring your customer service and request it, I did this in the past for Vodafone and Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yeah it seems only o2 do this. odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I meant the Pin2 code. ..there is no default pin code 0000 in operation by any Irish Network anymore :p
    Yeah there is. Vodafone replacement sims have 0000 as the default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, the PIN2 code isn't given out with Ready to Go/Prepay packs. I'm not sure why. It also doesn't allow you to do things like fixed number dialling, etc. Any postpay SIM I've gotten includes the PIN2 code, so maybe Vodafone view it as a "perk" of being a postpay customer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

think i blocked my pin2 number bout 4 years ag, must ring up and get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Yes there is, 3 Ireland. All phones on 3 AFAIK have the pin turned off by default, and to switch it on you enter 0000 as the default one.

Advertisement