Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:LCS for Ps2?

Options
  • 22-01-2006 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭

Rockstar have released details confirming they are to release Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on the Playstation 2. What a bizarre move. I might be tempted to buy if the game is €15 or under but no chance for more than that. Play.com have it listed as being £29.99 and the release date as 31/03.

Also a second handheld GTA game is in development which will apparently be all new.

Details here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

why.... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Cuase they can make money from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I look forward to it.

Since SA was so terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I look forward to it.

Since SA was so terrible.
    San Andreas wasn't terrible, it was just more of the same tired formula.
    which is exactly what this one will be as well...

No way....it was too big with too much pointless crap.

And as for the first part of the game...the whoel gheto area can be dexcribed in one word....'brown'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No way....it was too big with too much pointless crap.

And as for the first part of the game...the whoel gheto area can be dexcribed in one word....'brown'.

Racist bastid.

I beg your pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

that's pretty much what i said about quake4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

So very pointless.

Two things though:
    I really miss the shoulder buttons and right stick in LCS on PSP, makes changing weapon and generally being in control more difficult.
    Multiplayer is fantastic, its why LCS is one of my favourite games, and they better include split screen and maybe online play in the PS2 version.

So I could nearly see a reason to buy it there. Nearly. I'd rather see a new GTA that included the multiplayer modes though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

wow, Rockstar show just how original they are by porting a game from a handheld to a console (when the original handheld was based somewhat on a console game anyway).

I'll wait until the next gen of GTA before I even consider buying into it. Online multiplayer? Maybe then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its their last PS2 release so entitled to sell empty cases on it considering they practically made it a success with one or 2 copies of Gta 3 being sold.

People will get it , people like me who dont have a PSP and have no intention of getting one.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh joy, another way for Rockstar to make money from little skangers who don't know any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Oh joy, another way for Rockstar to make money from little skangers who don't know any better.
    don't think this was rockstar's idea tbh. lcs is a huge seller and is limited to psp owners.

this has been a bad year for their parent company Take Two (made big losses, hoped GTASA would save them but then "hot coffee" came along) so this is a way to make the books look a little bit nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

kirby what you mean litlte knackers who dont know any better?

Ive been playing grand theft auto since the very first release on playstation one, when it was little known. GTA is definatly one of the best franchises to come to the playstation genre and in my opninio beats metal gear solid hands down.

Every Grand theft auto has come with fresh ideas. Yeah I felt San Andreas to have too much to do, but it had some good ideas.

As a game it is perfect with its engrosing story lines and characters, good variety of missions and the combination of dribing and mindless killing make it a good hit with everyone, not just skangers.

Skangers buy the 50 cent game,and tbh I think i could have a mad guess that you are a Southsider or someone posh.....cause someone buy GTA doesnt mean hteir are nackers, o come on boys lets buy Railroad tycoon and be like daddy

For console that brought out so much crap, and games that were completed way to easily or were plain boring GTA is a lease of like that keeps you playing for a long time.....and you rarely get bored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On foot combat is a load of arse tbh and could be improved substantially as Gun proved.

As for GTA having a decent storyline, get out of it. It's the same everytime except in a different era. Gangster rises through the ranks and then gets betrayed near the end.

And for all that is wrong with the GTA games, I still enjoy them although they are far from the best games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I didn't enjoy lcs at all, I thought the PSP made it awfully difficult to control, especially having to use the crappy analog stick to move.

Even as a fan of the series I won't be buying it. With a release date so close it can't be any more than a direct port of a game that was essentially a port of GTA 3 which is 4 years old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

kirby what you mean litlte knackers who dont know any better?
    From anything I've seen in work, the vast majority of people who are interested in games like GTA, True Crime and 50 Cent Bulletproof are skangers under the age of 15, who drag their parents in to buy the games. The amount of times a day I hear "Maaa... luuuk... de new gran'teh aauto... dats bleedin' rapih!!"... *sigh*
    That's not to say that everyone who plays GTA is like that, but from anything I've seen that seems to be the case.
    I played the first 2 GTAs when I was younger, but I just wasn't into GTA 3, Vice City or San Andreas, believe it or not. For some reason, I just don't like playing as a criminal in games. And all LCS is in my mind is a rehash of GTA 3 with multiplayer added.

And btw: Southsider yes, posh no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

GTA is about the freedom not about 'being a criminal'. I've spent more hours driving, exploring, trying to do stunts, base jumping, racing, flying, trial biking in San Andreas than I have in gun fights.

And the overall story arcs are nothing special, but the actual dialog and voice acting is superb and it always keeps me interested in pretty much every mission.

With the exception of LCS, it just doesn't seem up to the PS2 standard to me. As I said tho, wifi more than makes up for that. On foot combat does indeed leave lots of room for improvement with the PSP controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I enjoyed the original Grand Theft Auto 3 but, even though I started them, I got quickly bored of Vice City and San Andreas. It was basically the same game with a few extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do people not realise you can switch controls on liberty city? i foundit dead easy to control i dont know whats the moan about? aiming is even easier with the new slow aim =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

qz wrote:
    Racist bastid.

Go to the sobbing forums and cry there.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

I've enjoyed all the GTA games since the very first one. I know that VC and SA were essentially the same as GTAIII but with minor added features, but I don't care because I love that genre of game.

VC was thoroughly enjoyable because it brought a new dimension with being able to rob helicopters and fly, anyone here disagree that its fun to blow things up with the hunter? I liked the variety of missions as well, much better than SA.

SA was good but didn't really explore the huge potential of different missions it was capable of. Some class missions in there but not enough. Most of them were chase/kill ones.

I'll probably be one of the people that buys LCS but I'll be waiting a while for it to come down in price as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

CyberGhost wrote:
    Go to the sobbing forums and cry there.

Relax child, I was joking.

:rolleyes: Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

qz wrote:
    Relax child, I was joking.

:rolleyes: Jesus

So was I kid

:rolleyes: God

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, I am just delighted at another chance to sample Liberty City, I still look back on the time I spent in the final scenes of GTA3 and feel pretty good, if they have captured that whole "Goodfellas" like in that game, count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

as a psp owner and a huge gta fan AND an owner of gta lcs. I think this is a terrible money grabbing idea.

Actually it's a great money grabbing idea, they stand to make millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I think this is a terrible money grabbing idea.

a comma in there woulda made all the diffrence^

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

weemcd wrote:
    as a psp owner and a huge gta fan AND an owner of gta lcs. I think this is a terrible money grabbing idea.
    As a PS2 owner with absolutely no intention of getting a PSP I think its a good idea. It was always going to happen anyway. All the previous GTA games have eventually been developed for other consoles and pcs so whats the problem with doing exactly the same thing for this game?

They were never going to leave it as an exclusive psp game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea but there making a new exclusive for psp:)

Advertisement