Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect my PS2 to the TV

• 22-01-2006 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

I've got a PS2 and I've recently got a TV as well.

The problem is that I can't connect the two! The cable on the PS2 looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=22566&stc=1&d=1137962337

That was fine when I was using it on a TV that accepted those inputs but unfortunately the only input on the TV looks like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=22567&stc=1&d=1137962337

I'm sure it's quite simple to fix but I just don't know what cable/connector I should be looking for or where to get it.

Anyone got advice? (Apologies for the crappiness of the photos.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

You should be able to get in any TV shop. or even PC World or similar. What you need is a scart plug that plugs onto the socket on the television and 3 coloured sockets for the cable. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

dingding wrote:
    You should be able to get in any TV shop. or even PC World or similar. What you need is a scart plug that plugs onto the socket on the television and 3 coloured sockets for the cable. :)
    He actually should have got an adaptor with the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Zhane wrote:
    He actually should have got an adaptor with the console.
    yep,

if yopu bought it new the adaptor is probably in the box somewhere.
    if not,
    go to any electrical store - the part should be about 3 - 7 euro depeendign on the shop,
    composite to scart is what you need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Thanks guys.

Now I know what I'm looking for it should be handy enough. I do seem to recall getting something when I got the console now you mention it, but that was a few years ago. I haven't had a TV for a while and it must have got lost along the way.

Thanks again.

**Edit : Thanks Subway, I'll try and pick one up tomorrow but it's usefull to know how much it's going to cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Get a proper SCART cable instead of a SCART adaptor for the 3 plugs. The picture quality will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Get a proper SCART cable instead of a SCART adaptor for the 3 plugs. The picture quality will be better.

A scart-scart cable won't work with the PS2, the adaptor is the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

He's talking about a RGB lead, which will give a better picture.

e.g:
    dsc002401hn.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Cheers lads,

I picked up Composite to Scart connection earlier today, they didn't have any RGB leads and I was anxious to get back gaming on it. It worked a treat and I've got it up and running.

Thanks again,

Advertisement