Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

time bars..

• 22-01-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

does anyone remember the hard toffee bars? i think they were called time bars but not sure.. can you still get them?

thanks in advance..
    ~PlayGirl :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

dime.jpg

Never really liked them. Think they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

I loved time bars!!! have'nt seen them in a while though, any one remember texan bars?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

:D by the way time bars were in a yellow wrapper with a clock on it:D and they were a lot nicer than dime bars!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭wb

I remember them. think they are gone. Anyone remember bumblebee bars? they were similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trisha

k, think you're talking about about Big Time's....

They sell them in "Poundworld" in Dun Laoghaire... so im sure you can get them in other places too!!!!

They still taste the same, lovely chewey toffee covered in crappy chocolate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

anyone remember the ones like timne bars but had white chocolate on top too... cant remember the name of them... they were yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

anyone remember when dime bars were mide bars? a typo but they still sold them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

anyone remember the ones like timne bars but had white chocolate on top too... cant remember the name of them... they were yummy!

They were called Lazer bars I think and I loved them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ah my sis came back from the shop a few months back all excited, she bought about 4 Big time bars, yellow wrapper wit a pic of big ben? i think on the front. i put mine in the freezer for later, but when i got there....it was gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭Archeron

Femmy wrote:
    ah my sis came back from the shop a few months back all excited, she bought about 4 Big time bars, yellow wrapper wit a pic of big ben? i think on the front. i put mine in the freezer for later, but when i got there....it was gone!

you're probably lucky in that case. Lost count of how many times i looked down to see one my little kiddie teeth sticking out of a completely unchewable time bar. I've seen them in a couple of shops. but I think you only get them in the non-chain shops. (ie, not spar, centra etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

they are selling these at the moment in the pound shop in the square in tallaght - the one of the top floor near the cinema - even the wrapper hasnt changed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

loved them,couldnt get them in england,so i use to eat tonnes of um when on holiday here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

PlayGirl wrote:
    does anyone remember the hard toffee bars? i think they were called time bars but not sure.. can you still get them?

thanks in advance..
    ~PlayGirl :cool:

i found them in the two euro shop that was on Henry Street before christmas, so i'm presuming that they have them in that chain. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭FiannaGym.com

They sell them on baggot street in Number 8. And in various Petrol stations. "apple" in Clonskegh sells them. Along with Mint CRisp bars and Macaroon bars in the original paper wrapping!

Peace

Advertisement