Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferdinand's Goal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

chiller wrote:
    never say never look at newcastle a few seasons ago if chelsea lose to liverpool in two weeks u never know what will happen 14 points ahead fifteen games left to play. so anything can happen. who considers them stats as going down the pan? in the 1999 season we won the triple and in the 200 season we won the league hardly down the pan to b honest!

That Newcastle team was based on attacking football (you score 4 and we will score 5) where as Chelsea have built upon a rock steady defence - They simply won't have as such a bad run as Newcastle because of this (they will drop a few points here and there but not enough for the others to catch them up)..

Don't think myself that Utd are going 'down the pan'. They are obviously short a few key players though.
    chiller wrote:
    who considers them stats as going down the pan? in the 1999 season we won the triple and in the 200 season we won the league hardly down the pan to b honest!

What happened 7 years ago has little relevance to today (in footballing terms!)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

chiller wrote:
    john o shea is a great player gives his all in any match he plays he did well against liverpool till he went of injuried. and if darren fletcher was allowed play football instead of being critisiced for everything and anything he does he might get some confindence. and they are both committed and loyal to the club
    John O'Shea a great player? Oh come on. John is at best average to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

chiller wrote:
    who considers them stats as going down the pan?

I agree totally. I put it in quotes cause I'm quoting the torrent of abuse I'm subjected to on an almost daily basis by Liverpool fans, search boards and you'll see plenty of posts saying united are on a downward spiral based on their performance this year.

Based on previous table results uniteds performance this year would normally be enough to win the premiership, we need to up our standards now. I've no doubt we can do it and I've no doubt we can do it without having to resort to a boring defensive style of play ala Liverpool and Chelsea in order to do it.

Advertisement