Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant Help Wanted...

Options
  • 22-01-2006 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

I'm a begging here....

I am setting up a charity to raise money for cancer charities in Ireland. Also involved will be many Boards members (including founder Devore).

As part of the setting up process (and later) I will need the efforts of an accountant.

As I am one of those cynical people, I want to make sure that 100% of donated funds reach those charities. I will have some starting funds but need as many volunteers as possible to keep costs down.

Any accountants out there that might do some pro bono work? Think of the kids........:p

Thanks...Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hi Dave,

What exactly do you want done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Post it on:

www.volunteeringireland.com

I do volunteer work now and again and that's where I go to see what's available.

They do a placement service too so they might have a list of potential candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Hi Dave,

What exactly do you want done?

Hey Keyser...

Ive been told that I'll need to buy a shell company and then apply to the inland revenue for charity status. then I'll need general bookkeeping etc etc stuff done. This will be a primarily cash charity that will be lodged into an account. Then on a 6 monthly basis (or so) donations made to charities. The amount per annum will grow as the potential is fairly big.

So, Im really looking for is a part time financial director for the charity.

Cheers.

micmclo wrote:
    Post it on:

www.volunteeringireland.com

I do volunteer work now and again and that's where I go to see what's available.

They do a placement service too so they might have a list of potential candidates.

Thx Useful resource.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BigDragon wrote:
    Hey Keyser...

Ive been told that I'll need to buy a shell company and then apply to the inland revenue for charity status. then I'll need general bookkeeping etc etc stuff done. This will be a primarily cash charity that will be lodged into an account. Then on a 6 monthly basis (or so) donations made to charities. The amount per annum will grow as the potential is fairly big.

So, Im really looking for is a part time financial director for the charity.

Cheers.

Seems like you want somebody on a permanent part time basis.

If i didn't have college in the evenings I'd defo sort you out.

As far as buying off the shelf, I don't think thats nessecary. Just set up the company yourself. If you like I'll advise you on what you need to do. So any questions you can PM me and I'll be very happy to help.

• Advertisement

Seems like you want somebody on a permanent part time basis.

If i didn't have college in the evenings I'd defo sort you out.

As far as buying off the shelf, I don't think thats nessecary. Just set up the company yourself. If you like I'll advise you on what you need to do. So any questions you can PM me and I'll be very happy to help.

Thanks Keyser. I'll be in touch.

Advertisement