Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drool Drool, then...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Am I the only one who thinks the new S-Class is nowhere near as nice as the old one. An Audi S8 I'd love

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Squirrel wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the new S-Class is nowhere near as nice as the old one. An Audi S8 I'd love
    Agreed and agreed! And to the OP did you see a new AMG S-Class or just a regular one? In Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

My friends step-father has one. Got brought to the Deb's in it... better than a limo anyday! The front seats move as you go around a corner, and you can control the heating in each seat... legend. 7MPG though I think he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

1000nm torque :eek: heiliger scheisse!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Squirrel wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the new S-Class is nowhere near as nice as the old one

Same here, although the handful I've seen in the flesh (all dark coloured) were not as bad as the pictures I saw before. On lighter coloured models (read: silver), the wheel arches look so Toyota Avensis :(

It's a shame really, I loved the looks of the previous S-Class from the first pic I saw back in '98. Still love the looks now, I think it still doesn't look dated at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like MB played it safe with the design of the new S Class. But at least it looks alot better than that ugly Bangle "flame" thing they call the 7 Series.

Incredible engineering from AMG though and here is the Brabus version:
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2006-Brabus-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    Looks like MB played it safe with the design of the new S Class[/URL]

Yeah you're probably right there. Perhaps they should have let the previous model survive for another year or two, before replacing it with a flagship worthy of the 3-pointed star though...
    bazz26 wrote:
    But at least it looks alot better than that ugly Bangle "flame" thing they call the 7 Series

For a long time, I agreed with that. I must admit the 7-Series is growing on me recently. Perhaps you, me, and all the other Bangle haters, are just a bit more style-conservative and Bangle c.s. were a bit ahead of their time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I prefer the 7 to that S-Class. Though I much prefer the older models of both cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

am i the only person, in the whole world, that likes the 7 series, and even the first ones, I know they facelifted it quite quickly, I think it's a damm nice car, all muscly and mean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

JohnBoy wrote:
    am i the only person, in the whole world, that likes the 7 series, and even the first ones, I know they facelifted it quite quickly, I think it's a damm nice car, all muscly and mean
    You ain't alone....I think the first version of the new one is gorg....very stealthy I think....not so keen on the facelifted version tho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Get a VW Phaeton.. all the cool gadgets.. 200mph ability, and less than 1/2 the price of the merc..once you look past badge snobbery. Mercs are supposed to be giving quite a bit of trouble lately. Still the S8 is some fantastic machine, Always liked the big Audis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Kermitt wrote:
    Get a VW Phaeton.. all the cool gadgets.. 200mph ability, and less than 1/2 the price of the merc..once you look past badge snobbery. Mercs are supposed to be giving quite a bit of trouble lately. Still the S8 is some fantastic machine, Always liked the big Audis

Have to agree with the VW Phaeton, amazing looking cars!! Saw one in Amsterdam, same size as a house! apparantly they use the same engine in some of the Bentleys!!

If I had a spare 55k I'd get this

I reckon there is probably only 3 or so in Ireland, non were registered in 2005!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

branners69 wrote:
    Have to agree with the VW Phaeton, amazing looking cars!! Saw one in Amsterdam, same size as a house! apparantly they use the same engine in some of the Bentleys!!

If I had a spare 55k I'd get this

I reckon there is probably only 3 or so in Ireland, non were registered in 2005!!

It has depreciated by €57k in two years with only 12k on the clock. :eek: What lunatic paid the original €112k for it?

I'll look at it in about 5 years when it can be bought for about €5k. :D

Advertisement