Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard 1mb UTV Clicksilver broadband now 2mbps ?

Options
  • 22-01-2006 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

My UTV Clicksilver broadband which has always been 1mbps, has today jumped up to '2mbps'.

I got a bit of a shock, as everything seemed to be downloading 'Much faster', so I clicked on 'status' and it is showing :- speed 2Mbps :eek: .

Nothing on their website indicates that they have upped their broadband speed :confused: , but happy :) .

P.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

have you had a look at all the threads in broadband about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

it was 2mbit for a few hours.. now it's back to 512k..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

rymus wrote:
    it was 2mbit for a few hours.. now it's back to 512k..

Mine is still operating and showing 'status' 2Mbps ?..:) , and no I have not had a look at all the threads in 'broadband' about this, but I will now. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

its around 1.6 here in Cork (Hettyfield).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

parsi wrote:

According to: www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/

I am operating at Download 1.71Mbps & Upload 205 Kbps, Is this good :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Paddy20 wrote:
    According to: www.irishisptest/myspeed/

I am operating at Download 1.71Mbps & Upload 205 Kbps, Is this good :confused:

yep. that sounds like 2meg down and 256 up

parsi wrote:

Highest I've gotten all night is now, 902k. Douglas in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Rymus, what are your SNR and attenuation figures? It's also possible that being on the 2Mb (was 1Mb) pack with a 48:1 user ratio that the bandwidth is being eaten up by download hungry users. I'm on the Plus UTV pack and rates have been very consistant since the upgrade.

Haven't a notion what the figures are; I presume if I had a different router it might tell me....

I had considered contention but even back with 1Mb I was getting consistent speeds. I did find that around 2am last night it was back up to 1.7Mbit ish. Undoubtably if I ring utv to report it they'll dismiss it immediately.. I'll keep testing it at different hours of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Can you log into your router (192.168.1.1)? If so the figures should be under ADSL Status.

• Advertisement

nope... I haven't got any great amount of detail for the connection itself. Only ip address / dns servers etc.

its a netgear wgr614

Advertisement