Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl Broadband Connection Dropping

• 22-01-2006 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Since about Friday every ten minutes or so my internet connection is dropped and it takes about a minute to reconnect. I was just curious was anyone else having this problem.
    I checked in the event log of the moment and the following error is shown.

Sun Jan 22 22:14:16 2006 Sun Jan 22 22:14:16 2006 1 Critical(3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
    Sun Jan 22 22:14:04 2006 Sun Jan 22 22:14:04 2006 1 Critical(3) Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive been having this problem with utv too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Yeah cause NTL run CABLE and thats related in some absolutely minute way to UTV's DSL. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

I've been seeing those warnings in my error logs but no drop outs so i'd say its un-related...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I've been seeing those warnings in my error logs but no drop outs so i'd say its un-related...

Hmmm. I wonder why its gotten so messed up. I mean its happening every minute of so now. I'll have to give them a buzz tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

My NTL Connection has been grand over the last few days (based in Tallahgt). I also see those warnings in the event log but they aren't related to any drop outs. May be they are doing some upgrade work ?

TC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

We are sufferring non connectivity since Saturday morning. Still not working at all today.... Oh mine, my weekend was so empty... without NTL broadband... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 iluvbeer

We were having some similar problems a few weeks ago, although not dropping
    as frequently as the OP.

We found that setting the DNS servers statically worked for us.
    Worth a shot I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭mollser

Mart, where are you based? I'm up in Leopardstown, and its being down since yesterday I think, the 'sync' light just keeps flashing and no amount of resets has fixed it.

Don't particularly want to ring them, i'll just hope its fixed tonight...

Advertisement