Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebrew on 2.01/2.5/2.6 real close now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

#Elites wrote:
    tbh the only good homebrew is isos.

when i was downgraded "streets of rage" replaced all my UMD's, as did sonic and mario games.

the homebrew idea is very good for 2.5/6 owners, but what needs to happen with homebrew is people developing NEW games on emulators. mashing games like sonic and mario (i know that's already happened, but you get the idea..)...

also, the emulators themselves need improvement. sound of the megadrive/genesis one was horrible, and the snes9x one often slowed down and went a bit mad sound-wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think the code for the snes emulator is actually pretty advanced. I've seen it slow a fair bit myself when playing super mario world (in particular on the last level when you turn on the "light" above your head it drops to around 10fps) but it does use psp hardware accelleration, so it's probably getting the best out of the machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

#Elites wrote:
    tbh the only good homebrew is isos.

Only if you are either:

a) a warez monkey
    b) someone who never played/enjoyed snes/megadrive/scumm or whatever games in your youth.

SCUMMVM is what I want most on my PSP. So many great hours spent with games like Sam & Max hit the road, Monkey Island 1/2/3, Full Throttle, etc.

On my PC I am currently playing TIE Fighter through VDMSound, about 11 years after I first played and loved it back on my 486.

Lucasarts, whatever the hell happened to you?

Oops, went off on a bit of a tangent there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stephen wrote:
    Lucasarts, whatever the hell happened to you?

they got replaced by pandemic ;)

mercenaries, star wars: battlefront. nuff said :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

That is true y'know.

Stephen you are an absolute legend. I still have Hit the Road on a CD in the original box here ;)

• Advertisement

Fanjita has released an eboot loader for 2.01 and 2.50 PSP's, using the GTA exploit (i.e. you need a copy of GTA LCS to run it). Currently there's only a small number of homebrew apps confirmed working on it, but one of them is a SNES emulator. Unfortunately, ScummVM does not yet work on it.

Give 'em time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

I'll update once SCUMM works. I need my Street Fighter Alpha 3 Fix and will soon be in desperate need of EEE and Exit. With hit the road the package is only sweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cant wait for SFAlpha !
    wtf is a 2.01 eboot loadER? does it make 2.6 load 2.1 eboot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

its a program that loads eboots and works on 2.01 and also 2.5 and 2.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Woohoo, too bad everytime I load snes9x it says error reading memory card :(

• Advertisement

Have you got it installed in \psp\game\snes9x\ ? I read rumours on some other forum that it may act funny if its installed in any other folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

i can confirm that dgen emulator works

Stephen wrote:
    Have you got it installed in \psp\game\snes9x\ ? I read rumours on some other forum that it may act funny if its installed in any other folder.
    Have I got what installed? The emulator? If so, yeah. Its just when I load it up it says error reading memory stick and then there are no roms in the list to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I can confirm the snes emulator works for 2.01 user here is what to do.

Go to www.fanjita.org and go onto his eboot loader forums and there is two very good guides to help you.

You can get roms from various resources.

AS for isos and downgraders, it is very unlikely this will ever happen because version 2.01 and higher gives no access to kernel mode essential for these tools.

But if your like me today is historic in psp history. In the coming weeks expect to see al lthe emulators appear for your psp, i cant wait for the gba and megadrive.

And for posters above may I remind you that iso files are assosiated only with copied and ahcked games, and conversation of this type of file and its uses is illegal on these boards and the owners of these boards can be liable for lawsuit action so please, dont talk about isos.

Oh god!! I'm in heaven now!!

EDIT: Anyway to make the ROMs fullscreen, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

Slurms wrote:
    Oh god!! I'm in heaven now!!

EDIT: Anyway to make the ROMs fullscreen, no?
    ya its in the rom options just hit left on the analog stick

mr.noobie wrote:
    ya its in the rom options just hit left on the analog stick
    Tip o' the hat to you sir.

Man, nearly every ROM is slow and it's just wrecking Street Fighter for me :(

Oh well just have to wait till support for Snes9x TYL arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i got neogeocd emu, on 1.5
    metalslug 2, amazing ! had to turn music off though and change speed form 233 - 266, for good fps. 54fps'ish.
    how do u save ? full screen?

hope this comes from 2.1 +

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

hehe you goonies =D

Tip the analog to left to open the rom screen for the snes.

Then go to the cpu clock and shift it to 333mhz

This will give you porer good fps, tho it wil ldrain the battery faster and no it doesnt harm your psp.

• Advertisement

Donkey kong country seems to work flawlessly at the default 222mhz :)
    I'd say once Snes9x TYL is working with the gta loader things should be much smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Has anyone got any SNES games that use the Super FX graphics chip working? Mario Kart and Pilotwings were always two of my favourites, but the psp just can't seem to reproduce them

Don't mind all yer loaders, mines staying 1.5

Starfox worked... brutally slow though.

The first beta of scummvm for PSP works with the latest version of fanjita's loader (i.e. the one that works with 2.6). Its got a lot more bugs than ScummVM 0.8.0 but it is functional :)

Advertisement