Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ram Question

Options
  • 23-01-2006 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Just bought a new system for myself and i had 512mb pc3200 left over from my old computer. I was goin to buy some Dual Memory just wonderin would the standard pc3200 stick i have reduce the preformance of the Dual Memory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

What do you mean exactly? Is it good quality memory in the new system and the old stick is generic? You only need two same size pieces of memory do work in a dual channel configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

basically if running to unmatched sticks of ram in dual channell, it will run @ the slowest pieces speeds and timings. afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I've got 2 x 512mb Mushkin PC3200 DDR Dual Pack L2V2 Samsung TCCD for sale if you're interested in some high quality ram. Does 2-2-2-5. Comes with lifetime warranty. Unused, still in box. Guideline Price: €200

Advertisement