Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The West Wing axed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

That sucks ass. Although I will concede that I haven't been a fan of this season, I think it's run it's course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It was never again going to return to the Sorkin high, and John Wells just isn't going to be able to bring it back near that standard. Its time to put it out to roost alright, though I am sorry to see it go at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry to see it go. Even though I concur that it's not as good as it was during Sorkin's era it's still a lot better than most of the crap on telly these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

That's a shame alright. Although it's not as good at it used to be I think it has picked up this season.
    Also with a new administration entering the Whitehouse after the election, it would be a great oppurtunity to freshen up the cast and take the show in a slightly different direction.

Is Commander in Chief with Geena Davis worthy enough to fill the political gap in the schedules?

cosgrove80 wrote:
    Is Commander in Chief with Geena Davis worthy enough to fill the political gap in the schedules?
    From what I have heard, the appropriate response to that is to laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I still have my fingers that Will Bailey is gonna get blown my a snipers bullet, or maybe tortured by the Chinese 24 style

starn wrote:
    I still have my fingers that Bill Bailey is gonna get blown my a snipers bullet, or maybe tortured by the Chinese 24 style
    bailey-bill.jpg
    What has this poor man ever done to you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Sorry that should be Will Bailey

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Ah, its probably for the best, but it'll be missed. Even during its weaker periods it was still intelligent TV. I think they would have been hard put to keep it going when a change of administration would mean a whole new cast (bar Josh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

thats a pity as i think season 7 has been a high point for the show especially the live episode and the two new actors Alan Aldas and Jimmy Smits have fit in perfectly

although really showing a governments entire 8 year period is a ridiculously impressive achievment in television so i cant complain too much and i think it would have been difficult to keep coming up with stories

• Advertisement

shuushh wrote:
    showing a governments entire 8 year period is a ridiculously impressive achievment in television
    Of course, I could be pedantic and tell you that Series 1 picks up on the start of the second year of the Bartlett administration, though we go get several episodes with flashback sequences to Year 1 and before (such as the wonderful "genesis story" in "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen - Part II").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

starn wrote:
    I still have my fingers that Bill Bailey is gonna get blown my a snipers bullet, or maybe tortured by the Chinese 24 style

What's this poor man ever done to you...

axl-rose.jpg

http://www.mygnr.com/members/axl.html

:D

(sorry 'bout the echo, aidan_walsh)

Advertisement