Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in IT Tallaght

Options
  • 23-01-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Thinking about doing a part-time course in IT Tallaght, just wondering about the parking during the week, is it easy enough to get a spot, do you need a permit and is there certain time restrictions?

Cheers.
    Finn

Comments

I haven't heard of permits or restrictions but parking can be scarce at peak times. Sometimes people have to park up on kerbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

ye id agree with baz the parking can be a bit scarce at times but ive never not gotten a spot and ive been driving up there for nearly 4 years.

definitely no permits needed or restrictions.

since you are doin a PT course id say parking will be handy as all the FT students leave close enuf to 6 in general, and ive never seen i full past 6

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

cheers lads, yeah lectures are 6-10 so should be alright hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah the place is empty after 6.

I dont know about that. It's been very busy a couple of times i've come out at about 6/6.30 but maybe there were seminars on or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

For P/T lectures, you're laughing. No problem with spaces at all.

As for permits etc, they were considering bringing them in last year when the luas opened, but after finding out that they were going to give all the staff ones, then issue what was left over to students, the SU beat the idea out of their heads quick-sharp.

AFAIK, no viable alternative has been thought up, though it seems to be getting worse every year. It's been seriously bad this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

How long does it take to walk to the Luas station, would the Square be the closest stop?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

5 mins walk, tops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

There can be queues of upto 30mins to get out between 9.45 & 10pm - not regular but have happened a few times last semester. There is only 1 way in/out of the place and you must take a right which feeds into a traffic light stop about 120 meters down the road - great planning

The Luas is the way to go for a part-time course i.e. 6-10. Can be busy enough from IFSC to Heuston but ok after that. Get one before 5pm from town and you'll be in the college for 5.50pm, about a 5 min walk from Terminus.

Advertisement