Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Question!

Options
  • 23-01-2006 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Please feel free to move if in worng forum, but i though it was the best place to ask!

I gave my notice in my job, and on the last day of my notice my job accused me of dishosesty and said they are not accepting my notice and have suspended me with pay pending the outcome of an investagation.

are they allowed to do this? ive been having a check around on the net but cant find the answer. also submitted the question the the LRC but no reply as of yet.

anyone know the answer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Please feel free to move if in worng forum, but i though it was the best place to ask!

I gave my notice in my job, and on the last day of my notice my job accused me of dishosesty and said they are not accepting my notice and have suspended me with pay pending the outcome of an investagation.

are they allowed to do this? ive been having a check around on the net but cant find the answer. also submitted the question the the LRC but no reply as of yet.

anyone know the answer?

I don't know the exact answer but surely if you want to leave then you can leave.

I think they might be trying to keep you there.

Its a tricky one, you might give a solicitor a call if you feel that you've done nothing wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

i admitted to what i did, but they are blaming me for more

it is a tricky one alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

i admitted to what i did, but they are blaming me for more

it is a tricky one alright

Well then get a solicitor if you know that you're being wrongfully done.

Advertisement