Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guttering Options

Options
  • 23-01-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, Brickie finally got finished last week and I need to start pricing fascia board, guttering etc. I was wondering are there any other options instead of the standard downpipes for the rain water. My main problem is that the front of my house has four valleys on the roof, two bay windows and a porch. I don't mind dowpipes from the roof as these are on the corners, but if I put the same pipes on the bay windows and the porch, the house could easily become an advertisment for a guttering company. I did read before about some system where there was no downpipes, but instead the water dripped from the guterring like raindrops. Has anyone ever heard of this or any other products.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yes I have heard of the system it is called Rainhandler and it doesn't exactly drip like raindrops rather it looks like a tiny venetian blind fixed rigidly and it breaks the waterflow up.
    We have it on the building I work in and to be brutally honest it isn't the best.
    any rain falling will be blown around and loand on you as you are trying to get in the front door.
    I think it is mainly for places where leaves are a problem and maintenance could be a hassle.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

I had a colleague who built a stone faced house in the country side.

And he put no gutters at all. just let the water fall to ground and put stones around the base of the house.

and he put drainage pipe under the stones.

just a thought !!!

Advertisement