Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"You already have too many pets" even though I don't

• 23-01-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right guys, total newbie here. I haven't played WoW in about 6 months, but sat down again to it last night. I'm a hunter, and I've had a couple of pets, but they all run away (I can't figure out how to feed them, I click the "Feed Pet" action, and nothing happens). So after one ran away yesterday, I tried to tame another, only to be told, "You already have too many pets". When I try to summon a pet then, it tells me, "You have no pets to summon".

:(

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ive never really played a hunter so i cant really help on the running away front. I do know that after you click the Feed Pet action, you need to then click on some food in your inv that your pet likes (usually Meat or fish). After it eats a bit of food, it becomes happy and starts gaining loyalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dustaz wrote:
    Ive never really played a hunter so i cant really help on the running away front. I do know that after you click the Feed Pet action, you need to then click on some food in your inv that your pet likes (usually Meat or fish). After it eats a bit of food, it becomes happy and starts gaining loyalty.
    Gah!
    So easy. I need to re-read the manual again I guess. I tried to read a strategy guide that my brother bought, but one page had the acronym "NPC" on it about sixty times, so I got bored and just flicked through looking for the Penny Arcade cartoons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol :)

Actually, I think ive played all the classes up to about lvl 20 at this stage and i found Hunters the only class that i had to ask any big questions about. I still dont really know what happens if a pet loses all loyalty (altho im willing to bet thats what happened to you) or how training points are accumlated (is it when you level? how many? never bothered reading manual).

All the other classes are far more intuitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Sounds to me like your pet is dead. don't panic you can ressurect it. I think its the hands icon on yo0ur pet toolbar.

You don't even need to use the food button. Just pick up some food from you inventory and drop it on the pet. Remeber to get the right food for the type of pet you have.

Cheers Mike, that helps. Do I need to know where the pet died to revive it? :D

• Advertisement

No it appears beside you. That can be useful to know when running from a gang of angry mobs - just leave your poor pet to be slaughtered while you leg it to safety. you can always resurrect him/her later in a safe spot.

Just in case you haven't tried it - Try whistling for your pet first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

as far as i know, a hunters pet only gains xp when you are a higher level than it.. as in if you're level 40 and the pet is level 40 he doesnt gain xp until you hit 41.

also re: the pet always running away.. he could of course just be dead, in any case try and revive him. once you tame a pet feed it at every opportunity you can. (when he pet food buff isnt on your pet)

Mad Mike wrote:
    Just in case you haven't tried it - Try whistling for your pet first.
    Yeah, did that and it told me I had no pets to summon. I'll try revive when I get home.

You don' thave to feed the pet all the time - only when its happiness indicator drops to yellow or red. Try to keep it green.

Feeding a pet increases their happiness from red to yellow to green.

An unhappy pet (Red) does 75% damages and decreases loyalty.
    A content pet (yellow) has constant loyalty and 100% damage.
    A happy pet (Green) does 125% damage and increases its loyalty.

Loyalty is important for two reasons:
    1. If it gets too low your pet will leave.
    2. NB NB A loyal pet needs much less food than a rebellious one.

Everything you wanted to know about pets:
    http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/

Logged in, tried to revive, no joy. Tamed a new pet no problem though. Actually managed to get one into the green, and do some serious damage. Go Prairie Wolves!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

If you’re lucky enough there is a black tigress just at the last tree before you enter ratchet in the barrens, it has a spawn of once every 2 days but is a serious pet. Failing that look into the pet up at zorm strand near in ashenvale on the path to the horde camp down there near the coast is a silver elite wolf, 1.3 attack speed unreal for stopping casters. If you can't get either of those two then try and tame ecyhweweke or whatever the name of the tigress is :D Assuming your horde that is :D

Don’t forget try and keep your pet with you from the start if you happen to get a good one. It gains loyalty to best friend which is nice for training points.

Your pet will level allot faster than you generally only like 15k needed whit's in the 35+ levels, as Alan said it only levels when it’s a level below you.

I'd advise checking in on the pet trainer, in the hunters hall in org every now and then so you can get new spells for your pet, like resistance, armour and stamina etc etc.

Also if you can muster up the money, buy a slot from the stable master, put your pet in there, go tame a new pet and when you learn a new ability with that pet you can then train the old pet to be able to use it.

Right clicking your pet, will bring down a drop down menu, with any new pet you are allowed to rename it however, you can only name the pet once.

You can also check the pet details tab, it gives you all the info you need about your pet. from diet to dps armour etc etc.

gl playing hunter :D

Cheers sunzz, all handy stuff to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

seamus, what class/race are you + what server you currently playing on ?

Tauren Hunter. Currently playing on Bloodhoof. I'm using my brother's account while he's on holidays, but I'll probablu invest in my own (and a new GFX card) when he comes bacl.

Advertisement