Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Biology - Ecology

• 23-01-2006 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm doing LC Higher Biology as an external student i.e. on my own. I'm using the EdCo book with green cover. For the ecology section, I'm studying the hedgerow habitat - I understand you need only study one from hedgerow and rocky shoreline.

There's a section in the book that says you should study the effects and control for any one pollutant and relate it to the habitat you studied - however it gives no examples!

Has anyone any pointers on effects/control of pollutants in hedgerow habitat?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

We're doing the Woodland which is fun.

Litter is a pollutant. You can say it mess up the little bugs or attracts other predators or something, and control is to pop in a bin.

Thats what I put anyway, hope it helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

I wouldn't worry too much about the ecology section, it's basic knowledge , a read through in the book is all that's required. Last year they gave a passage about birds and many of the answers to the questions were in it! I'd concentrate on the core areas more. Then again , it's the leaving, they might pull a fast one, It's up to you at the end of the day.

Advertisement