Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Upgrade

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

I think I have an old modem but got the full speed when they did their tests at the end of last year. Why are they being replaced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

well i think its changing standards more than a speed upgrade, they haven't upgraded everyone in the uk to the 250's who got 10meg.... though there are rampant problems with it looking at ntlhell.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ozzy wrote:
    I'm sick of waiting, let's wreck the joint
    Are you offended by some cartoons NTL published?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We want more speed! Freeeeeedom! :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

Are you offended by some cartoons NTL published?
    Well... You couldn't direct me to the nearest NTL embassy could you?

Make sure to bring a zippo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Ozzy wrote:
    Well... You couldn't direct me to the nearest NTL embassy could you?

I demand Freedom of speeds!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

MAC replacement. It's just so that your new modem is allowed to connect to their authentication server. It filters by a list of unique MAC addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

so the general gist then is were looking at an upgrade before end of feb...?
    which is not bad seeing as thats just over 2 weeks away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

so the general gist then is were looking at an upgrade before end of feb...?
    which is not bad seeing as thats just over 2 weeks away...

Early March at the very latest, yep.

bring on the upgrades already!

C'mom NTL, for feck sake, release a press statement or something.... :( the starvation of news is depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I rang NTL recently about getting NTL broadband installed. When I requested the 3Mbit service I was told by the operator that it would be increased to 10Mbit in late February or early March. I hadn't asked for the new speeds but when I was told 10Mbit I asked if it was 'the official NTL upgrade speed' for the 3Mbit package and was told that it was.

Obviously, there is only so much faith you can put in customer information but...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

The reason they are changing out the old terayon modems is that they are only DOCSIS 1.0 compliant, wit the upgrading of the system to DOCSIS 2.0 compliance all of the old modems have to go. It was a sad day when I said goodbye to old tery.

I rang NTL recently about getting NTL broadband installed. When I requested the 3Mbit service I was told by the operator that it would be increased to 10Mbit in late February or early March. I hadn't asked for the new speeds but when I was told 10Mbit I asked if it was 'the official NTL upgrade speed' for the 3Mbit package and was told that it was.

Obviously, there is only so much faith you can put in customer information but...

Its encouraging that they are now actually telling people about this upgrade without us having to ask, that signals that the agents have been informed by communications on what the final packages are. Good stuff. As for the dates, late feb/early march is what weve been hearing from the engineers too, so good stuff all round. Bring it on. :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Lol I'm so happy to join this thread, I'm getting ntl installed on Monday :D

10Mb weeeeee!!!!!...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

that signals that the agents have been informed by communications on what the final packages are.

In fairness it was a sales rep that told him. The speculation is a bit of a waste anyway. It is obvious that speeds will upgrade on all ISPs. Broadband is one of the fastest growing things in the world speculating its going to get better is the same as speculating more houses being built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

this thread (waiting) no longer gives me a thrill.

why wouldn't just us sit and wait... quietly....

for the mean time, let's pray hoping that no broken connections or service breakdown...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

For anyone who posted in this thread to help me with my NTL BB woes - a deep thank you.

For anyone interested: it was the f*cking modem (changed at lunchtime today).

Result: 3 week with no BB, first round of Boards.ie Battlefield 2 tourny missed - when I told them within a week that it could only be the modem.

Two thumbs down at NTL :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

first I heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

sealgaire wrote: »
    first I heard of it

Are you kidding me!!!

Last post was over 4 years ago!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

4 year old post? Score! FYI, NTL are now UPC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Wooops, replied via the wrong tab!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

seriously?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement