Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mileage q

Options
  • 23-01-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I'm the proud owner of a new marauder 250 (woooooot!!:D ). Anyhoos my old bike was a VanVan 125 and when the trip meter got to 80 or so i'd fill it up. I put €8:00 in the new bike last week and it looked like it was full - how many k's do you think i'd get out of that? I have the reserve tank to save me if i do run out but i'd like to know..

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

umm,, the litreage of hte tank should be written on your manual so that should help.

Me vanvan (what i love!) does100Km to a main tank (5L) and total inc reserve is about 7L, but if i take passengers or hit extra traffic ive to change to reserve round 90.

I just ran it on a full tank two or three times to figure it out. prolly the easiest thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, pretty much what I did. Fill the tank, and reset the trip meter. Drive it for a week, make a note of how many miles you've done, and then fill it again, and make a note of how many litres it took. Then work out how many miles you get to the litre.

Do this a second time, and average out your scores. The tank on your bike is 14 litres. At a guess, I'd say that 2 litres of that is reserve (though your manual will tell you). So work out how many miles you can go before you will need to switch to reserve, and then you know when to fill up.

My tank is 17 litres, of which 14 are the main tank. I know that I'll get between 200 and 220 miles out of that (depending on the type of riding I've been doing) before I have to switch to reserve, so I aim to fill up every 170 miles, to give myself a bit of room if I'm caught without time/money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

congrats on the bike (pics pics pics!!!)
    yep just as the guys say, drive a full tank to the reserve a few times to get a grip on what the bike can do, you should get a good few miles on the reserve so dont worry too much on running her dry

Advertisement