Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg Rz-32lz55

• 23-01-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

My father in law is looking to purchase one of these in Curry's and Im trying to check if a) they are any good and b) anyone on here have one and their opinions and c) where is the cheapest I can get one

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Hi,

Been looking at them too. They seem pretty okay. Good response time and good contrast. For reviews, search here with the term "lg lx2r" or "LG RZ-32LZ50", they dont have one for the 55. The 32LX2R has better image processing (xd engine) and more connections (ie hdmi as well as dvi). You can compare them here.

As far as I can tell, (well for the 26LX2R anyway) the cheapest is curries. The 32" is €1499 and the 26" is €999, so personally I don't think that it is worth €500 for the bigger screen.

L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Thanks nereid,

The price in Curry's in Limerick is now only 1199 for the 32" and that is why he is interested. The price and the look is what is interesting him, but I cant find it cheaper that this on the net and was looking for reviews to back it up first.

What I would do is go into Curries and see if you can compare the z55 and the LX2R side by side. The image enhancement is what you are paying the extra €300 for.
    Your decision will depend on what the room that the TV is going into is like. A very bright room does not give the best colour contrast so the set might not perform up to expectations, whereas the one with the image enhancement could possibly correct the picture enough. Having said that, the z55 might perform perfectly adequatly.

In the same price/quality bracket is the Sony S series, and the Samsung R41/51.

L.

Thanks again nereid

I can't seem to get a review of this model anywhere (even on avforums) and Im not sure whether the extra €200 is worth it for the XD engine.

Its going to be in quite dark room anyway with viewing distance only being 2 metres or so.

The same price/quality bracket of the Samsung - but Ive seen that these models have blown up on some people and had to be recalled, so Im not sure if I want to advise him on a Samsung R41/51 as I believe these are the models that were affected.

Could be wrong though?

Maxwell wrote:
    Could be wrong though?

No, you'd be right to be concerned. I would tend to hold off for the Samsung M series which has not reportedly blown up ... ... ... yet!

I didn't like the location of the inputs on the sony (on the 26" anyway) - they are right at the edge so if you stick anything into them, then the cables will be visible at the edge of the screen!

For this reason, I am tending towards the LG.

I saw the 32" lx2r and z55 in Dixons today side by side and I thought the picture was a fraction sharper on the lx2r. Now, if you are going to put me on the spot and ask me if it is €200 or more better, I would say no.

Think the lx2r has HDMI and DVI but I doubt that this is too much of an issue for a general useage situation. I mean, I doubt that the buyer is going to be plugging in a DVD, 360, ps3, revolution all at the same time (though I could be wrong :))

L.

• Advertisement

Not my father in law - a video and a dvd player that Im going to give him, this TV will be mainly used for TV only and that is why I want a review because I want to make sure he doesn't have a crappy picture from his NTL (although I think he is changing to sky)
    The Z55 that I saw in action in Curry's in Limerick was showing the rugby last weekend and alot of the LCD's gave an awful picture although the 2 LG's were quite good and the reason we were attracted to them.

Will keep searching for a decent review, but if anyone own's one - could they post on here!

Nereid, are you buying the z55 or the lx2r?

Think I am tending towards the 26" LX2R. That is mainly because the room probably needs the image processing more!
    If only curries got the samsung M series in...

If you do a search on avforums.com for "RZ32LZ55", you will probably get the best actual reviews from users of the TV.

L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I have the 37" LZ55 and am very happy with it. /i had a Samsung LE32R51 before which went on fire and i paid a bit extra for this replacement.

Comparing the 2 i feel the LG is far better then the samsung. the XD processing is no good for Sky, it just enhances the sharpness which makes the pixellation more noticable, but on the 32" it may be ok.

When i got it i ran a THX optimiser (on any thx certified dvd e.g. Star Wars) to get the picture set up properly and i am very happy with it.

the black level is better too.

Got the lx262r there today.
    So far, quite impressed with the colour, black level, ease of use, clarity of different inputs etc. Remote is a bit clunky but very functional. I am not concerned because it will be transferred over to my universal one anyway.

L.

Advertisement