Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mapped network drive Question

• 23-01-2006 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Have a windows XP HE machine and I have windows server 2003. I have mapped a network drive but every time I restart the machine it asks for a password when accessed the first time. How / where can I set it to remember the password so I don't have to enter it every time I start the machine?

Thanks
    Timeout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LFCMCGRATH

is your server password the same as your logon password?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did you check "Remember Password" when logging in? Network passwords ca be managed via Control Panel > User Accounts. Click on your username and then on Manage my Network Passwords on the left-hand side.

adam

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

make 100% sure your local logon name is exactly the same as on the domain

you can setup a batch file like this - line 1 logs you on, line 2 runs logon script

net use \\servername /user:domainname\%username%
    \\servername \netlogon\logon.bat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

LFCMCGRATH wrote:
    is your server password the same as your logon password?
    No very different.
    Ken Shabby wrote:
    Did you check "Remember Password" when logging in? Network passwords ca be managed via Control Panel > User Accounts. Click on your username and then on Manage my Network Passwords on the left-hand side.
    No, I have to enter password everytime I log in. I only have a .net passport account in that manger section which has nothing to do with this as far as i can see.
    make 100% sure your local logon name is exactly the same as on the domain
    you can setup a batch file like this - line 1 logs you on, line 2 runs logon script
    net use \\servername /user:domainname\%username%
    \\servername \netlogon\logon.bat
    I'm not sure this is need but we'll see.

A bit more detail might be in order,
    I have a windows server 2003 machine called MyServer, runs 24/7 has admin account and just 1 user account called test.
    I then have my PC that i turn on when I get home from work and want to watch a movie that I access off the server share or play a game or two of CS throught the server. I only have trouble when I go to get my movies or music off the shared and mapped drive. It says to me Invalid password or username for \\MyServer\movies, with a promt username= "\\MyServer\test" password = "". Enter the password and you are in, but why should I have to do it every fecking time?

When i mapped the drive I choose the connect with a different username option and set it appropritaly, and have tried it without but neither has worked. I still get asked for it. I can find no option on my journey to remember password. I know this has to be something simple but its driving me up the walls!

Again Thanks, hope this has clearified it!
    Timeout

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

timeout wrote:
    It says to me Invalid password or username for \\MyServer\movies, with a promt username= "\\MyServer\test" password = "". Enter the password and you are in, but why should I have to do it every fecking time?
    /my bad forgot to say that not only should the local username be exactly the same
    - the password on both MUST be exactly the same too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

So if i change the username and password on my PC i.e. \\MyPC\\testing password=testing to the server ones of \\MyPC\\test password=test it should work?

Advertisement