Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Packages

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Lads keep waiting if you want...but I honestly dont think they can come up with something beter than BT these days...look at the size of their parent companies....were talking of BT here now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

It is getting a tad annoying waiting on these gits to make an anouncement, but I know I won't be moving anywhere regardless as I'm quite happy with UTV otherwise (bar the rediculous caps). It's quite a stable service (I've only had to ring them once in 13 months when there was an outage and got a prompt response) and their telephony package is excellent.
    One thing is for sure - I won't be going anywhere near Esat after the crap I had off them when I was on 'no limits' (and I'm not alone). Their billing department are a crowd of idiots, saying they're incompetent is actually giving them credit! What with sending out debt collectors to people who don't even owe them money to billing me girlfriend for the grand total of 5p for six months after she had left them:rolleyes: A mate of mine has been with IOL for about 3 years and he's finally had enough of them, don't know why he stuck with them for so long tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Shred wrote:
    It is getting a tad annoying waiting on these gits to make an anouncement, but I know I won't be moving anywhere regardless as I'm quite happy with UTV otherwise (bar the rediculous caps).
    I'm confused:confused:.
    Why are you getting annoyed waiting for an announcement if you're going stay with them regardless?

Shred wrote:
    It is getting a tad annoying waiting on these gits to make an anouncement, but I know I won't be moving anywhere regardless as I'm quite happy with UTV otherwise (bar the rediculous caps). It's quite a stable service (I've only had to ring them once in 13 months when there was an outage and got a prompt response) and their telephony package is excellent.
    One thing is for sure - I won't be going anywhere near Esat after the crap I had off them when I was on 'no limits' (and I'm not alone). Their billing department are a crowd of idiots, saying they're incompetent is actually giving them credit! What with sending out debt collectors to people who don't even owe them money to billing me girlfriend for the grand total of 5p for six months after she had left them:rolleyes: A mate of mine has been with IOL for about 3 years and he's finally had enough of them, don't know why he stuck with them for so long tbh.

I wouldnt go with Esat either...though I have heard BT Ireland are pretty good except for their billing department of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

kaizersoze wrote:
    I'm confused:confused:.
    Why are you getting annoyed waiting for an announcement if you're going stay with them regardless?

Because I would like to know if I can go any further with my current cap or not as I am approaching the 8GB limit. Other than that I am happy with the service - I wanted a broadband service that was reliable and stable and that's what I get from UTV imo. Plus they bill me when they're supposed to also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

FYI, I poped the 8gb cap two days ago and have been suspended as per my choice. - No sign of cap increase.

macronot wrote:
    FYI, I poped the 8gb cap two days ago and have been suspended as per my choice. - No sign of cap increase.

Good choice.
    Honestly though there is no way in hell I could stick being disconnected once I reached that CAP.....a week of broadband every month....NoNONOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Well late afternoon on the 26th and there is nothing yet. You can't accuse them of precipitate action anyhow.

I have UTV phone and plan to get broadband soonish. As NTL and Smart are not available where I live, but probably will be available within the year, I thought UTV broadband would a straightforward option for now. However they don't seem much interested in custom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

I'm really getting pissed off here. I'm just over 16gig cap and want more reasonably priced bandwidth. How long can they hold us to ransom with promises of better service? I was on earlier about the cap and they were as grumpy as hell... hmm * searches the net for better broadband deals*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I rang them and asked about the cap, and yer man on the phone just says there'll be an announcement in 2 or 3 working days. Maybe.

THANKS. THAT'S REASSURING.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Maybe next year they will announce something

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

When the revolution comes *looks around[SIZE=-1] surreptitiously*, the product development will be the first against the wall. [/SIZE]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Given that the Eircom wholesale options were announced a while ago and that contributors to the utv support group have been given them ideas and feedback (solicited and unsolicited) since the product round last year and given that UTV customers were promised great things once the new product manager was announced (I was one myself then) it seems nothing short of offensive to those same loyal customers to be treating t hem in this way now.

They have had plenty of time to come with new products (their lack of competitiveness on the cap issue must have been apparent to them for ages now) but it seems as if they have no sense of urgency on retaining customers at all:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

my quicksilver connection was upgraded to 2Mb for a couple of days, and now i've been kickedback down to 1Mb, anyone know whats happening? anyone have the same problem as this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

I'm still on my 3mb upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

my quicksilver connection was upgraded to 2Mb for a couple of days, and now i've been kickedback down to 1Mb, anyone know whats happening? anyone have the same problem as this?
    You should still be on 2mb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

thinkin of movin on at this stage myself...been with utv for nearly 2 years now...found the broadband service to be top rate...but "moving with the times" doesn't seem to be in their program..:(

quick question...if i move my broadband and line rental to someone else, can i hold onto the utv calls package??...i want my cake and godammit i want to eat it too...:D

Gryzor wrote:
    thinkin of movin on at this stage myself...been with utv for nearly 2 years now...found the broadband service to be top rate...but "moving with the times" doesn't seem to be in their program..:(

quick question...if i move my broadband and line rental to someone else, can i hold onto the utv calls package??...i want my cake and godammit i want to eat it too...:D

line rental and calls are usually inclusive in all packages. So you can move your bb to someone else and leave the line rental and calls with utv.

FYI, i was investigating BT talk plus (i thinks thats what it is called haven't time just now to check) It is the same as utv talk. With free evening and weekend calls. It is a few euro extra but it can be bundled with bt's broadband package - can't remember the exact extra cost. Give them a call or talk to them through their online chat

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

macronot wrote:
    FYI, i was investigating BT talk plus (i thinks thats what it is called haven't time just now to check) It is the same as utv talk.

FYI they are actually slightly different:

UTV talk: evening and weekend calls to local, national and uk landline numbers.
    BT talk: calls at anytime (including peak) to local, national and northern ireland landline number.

bk wrote:
    FYI they are actually slightly different:

UTV talk: evening and weekend calls to local, national and uk landline numbers.
    BT talk: calls at anytime (including peak) to local, national and northern ireland landline number.

Sorry i was doing it from memory ( have a bit of time now)

https://home.btireland.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FadvantagePricing#callcharges

BT Talk Plus - free calls anywhere is ireland - reduced calls to the UK (landlines)
    BT Talk - no free calls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

was just onto esat there....to add "talk plus" to whatever BB package you're taking you pay an extra €14

BB + line rental (€40) + Talk plus (€14) = €54 a month (2mb, 12Gb cap)
    BB Plus + line rental (€50) + Talk plus (€14) = €64 (3mb, 30GB cap)

continueing with my utv connection will cost me €55 (BB is €30, rental is €25) with free calls (free).... (2mb, 12GB cap)

Advertisement