Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lostzilla: new theories please .... **dont open thread unless you've seen upto 2x10**

• 23-01-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Dont read unless you've seen upto Season 2 Episode 10

So its know been revealed that Lostzilla is the black smoke we saw in 2x10 but I was watching some old Season One episdoes last night and it was making clanking machinary noises back then. Is it 2 seperate entities on the island or are the scriptwriters just making it up as they go along? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Dont read unless you've seen upto Season 2 Episode 10

So its know been revealed that Lostzilla is the black smoke we saw in 2x10 but I was watching some old Season One episdoes last night and it was making clanking machinary noises back then. Is it 2 seperate entities on the island or are the scriptwriters just making it up as they go along? :confused:

yeah i noticed this....
    There most possibly is 2 seperate 'monsters' its interesting.
    although the 'black smoke' is probably a subjective thing in that it controls the mind of the islander who sees it, but thats far fetched, unless if the black smoke is actually a
    magnetic field of sorts and was controling machinary or attached to machinary of somehow
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............>>>>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

probably making it up as they go along.. and i'm sure it was just the sound designer who gave them that noise and desided to use it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

I thought the monster was makin clanking noises when he was in front of Eko. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

ya so did i! bt thought was different noises in comparison to when say locke was being dragged down the hole in season 1! i dont knows it weird as hell. see Echo just looking at it face on!class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

stevejazzx wrote:
    yeah i noticed this....
    There most possibly is 2 seperate 'monsters' its interesting.
    although the 'black smoke' is probably a subjective thing in that it controls the mind of the islander who sees it, but thats far fetched, unless if the black smoke is actually a
    magnetic field of sorts and was controling machinary or attached to machinary of somehow
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............>>>>>

Have a read of this post,two ppl in Berkley Uni are developing something that is very similar to what the monster seems to be. Also they are funded by the military or acronym 'DARPA' :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054875618

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

thats pretty mad really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

oxygen wrote:
    Have a read of this post,two ppl in Berkley Uni are developing something that is very similar to what the monster seems to be. Also they are funded by the military or acronym 'DARPA' :eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054875618

ahh and ithought lost had complicated itself too much alrerdy and now
    'smart dust'

btw according to the berkerly site a million of these things only make up about a litre
    so in lost theres about 20 million of them, nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Found something in Season 1 that I hadn't realised before. I was just wondering if people were aware/recalled that the fast moving cloud of smoke as seen in Episode 10 of Season 2 is not the first time we have seen the monster/defence system/lostzilla or whatever you care to call it take this form. Those of you who have Season 1 on dvd or recorded from tv will be able to confirm this by looking at the Season 1 finale double episode. When Jack, Kate, Lock & Hurley were returning with the dynamite from the Black Rock, they encountered the same thing briefly. Look between 43.30 and 43.45 minutes, as the scurrying cloud makes it's Season 1 appearance. It also makes a kind of "chattering" noise as it passes, rather a strange sound really, not a mechanical sound but more like the "chakking" sound make by magpies or jackdaws. If I was to assign a personality trait of which the sound reminded me, I would probably have to say mischieviousness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

I dont know if this has been said before but the monster is in the pilot episode briefly. When Jack runs over to the plane engine (still running) after the crash and it explodes. If you view it in slow mo you can definitely see a black object flying down from the sky,touching the engine,the engine exploding and the thing flying off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

oxygen wrote:
    I dont know if this has been said before but the monster is in the pilot episode briefly. When Jack runs over to the plane engine (still running) after the crash and it explodes. If you view it in slow mo you can definitely see a black object flying down from the sky,touching the engine,the engine exploding and the thing flying off again.

Wow! You're right I never saw the bit in the pilot episode till you mentioned it.
    For those that are interested here's a slowmo animated gif I made by capturing a few frames off the DVD, from the engine blowing up scene in the pilot:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11908476/blk_smoke_pilot.gif.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Lex

duridian wrote:
    Wow! You're right I never saw the bit in the pilot episode till you mentioned it.
    For those that are interested here's a slowmo animated gif I made by capturing a few frames off the DVD, from the engine blowing up scene in the pilot:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/11908476/blk_smoke_pilot.gif.html

It's there allright!! Man, they're setting us up for something big I just know it.
    cheers for the gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Both of those scenes mentioned were posted on these boards long before 2x10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Just saw 2x10 last night (I'm playing catch up) and i was wondering what the images (if they were images) that flashed in the black smoke were. Tried pausing it and slowing it down but something funky is going on with my winamp so no joy. Anyone else manage to see what the images are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Look for the 2x10 thread, its all there.

Advertisement