Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shed for tools - wooden or metal?

Options
  • 23-01-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I need to get a garden shed as we are about to start an extension so I have to move all my tools and gear out to it.

I'm wondering whether a metal or wooden shed would be better for storing power tools in. I've heard of condensation problems with metal sheds but can these be solved by cutting a hole for an air vent?

I can get a 8x6ft rustic shed from Kelly's barna sheds for €385, or pretty much the same thing from Ballyfree Garden Sheds for €365. I've also come across a metal 8x6ft shed for €470 from this crowd.

Any advice on which way to go? I don't mind putting preservative on the wooden shed every year, and will be growing plants on the side of either one to help it blend in a bit - do the metal ones tend to stick out more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

from a condensation point of view timber would be better yeah....

from a security point of view scroll down to my shipping container in the garden thread to get my views

Advertisement