Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something to make Liverpool fans feel a bit better....

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    It speaks volumes about yop, that that is the caliber of his comment. I would have thought that anyone who would reduce themselves to that level of debate were at best the result of some sort of congenital brain disease. Not that I would suggest that yop is a cretin, half-formed at birth, with none of the functions and characteristics of higher mammals. No! I would not say that, despite the fact that his comment reminds me quite well of something I once heard passing a venereal ward, as a patient so riddled with syphilis and gonorrhea, his face covered in pus-filled sores, tried in vain to say something intelligible to the on duty nurse, but the only sound he could make was the sound of his infected bowels emptying onto the hospital floor. Its strange that yop's comment reminds me of that. Not that I'd be so bold as to suggest any association between yop and the afore-mentioned patient.

I have too much respect for the ill.

And the calibre (note spelling) of this is..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

yop wrote:
    Nit-picking on spelling (when it's very possible that it could be a typo) as a comeback?

Ah bless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

yop wrote:
    I'm happy you enjoy the Queen's english, I personally am fond of the more casual american english.
    Either way I'm not surprised that spelling was the one problem you had with my observations, I presume everything else is self-evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I'm happy you enjoy the Queen's english, I personally am fond of the more casual american english.
    Either way I'm not surprised that spelling was the one problem you had with my observations, I presume everything else is self-evident.
    Zing :)

and his ancestors drank the soup!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Well MayorDenis had the same comments as you and where is he now....

If ye cannot swallow a defeat lads thats fair enough, ye don't have to retort to personal abuse now do ye, but hey if thats all ye can do fair enough, it got the soccer forum closed in the past, so bang away.

yop wrote:
    Well MayorDenis had the same comments as you and where is he now....

If ye cannot swallow a defeat lads thats fair enough, ye don't have to retort to personal abuse now do ye, but hey if thats all ye can do fair enough, it got the soccer forum closed in the past, so bang away.
    Who did I abuse?
    You must have misunderstood my observations...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

p.pete wrote:
    Zing :)

and his ancestors drank the soup!
    :D

This is like a conversation I once had with an old classmate of mine in primary school. It turned out he was right in the end, his dad was bigger than mine.

Hobart wrote:
    :D

This is like a conversation I once had with an old classmate of mine in primary school. It turned out he was right in the end, his dad was bigger than mine.

Any my dad is bigger than yours & everyone here, so nah nah di nah nah :o;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G'man Lemlin, you keep fighting the good fight matey.

Thank you for your encouragement ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

yop wrote:
    Any my dad is bigger than yours & everyone here, so nah nah di nah nah :o;)

I've met your dad, he isn't.

yop wrote:
    Did a Liverpool fan do that before they went down the dole queue? ;)

Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit and issue bans to the poster of such. The basic rule is keeping it civil; you can have friendly banter without resorting to personal abuse.

I've met your dad, he isn't.

When, ye would never have been in the same place to have meet up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Outbursts of personal abuse/racism etc, be it directed at other board members or at groups of fans or sports personalities people will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to edit/move/delete such posts as we see fit and issue bans to the poster of such. The basic rule is keeping it civil; you can have friendly banter without resorting to personal abuse.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50756608&postcount=50

The Muppet wrote:
    Check your reply muppet your link is fooked up. I also think that trying to get other users banned and persistent off topic postings should be a bannable offence.Then again I'm not a mod here, and last time I looked neither of you 2 where either. So just drop it lads, your both acting like pathetic 2 year olds.

Hobart wrote:
    Check your reply muppet your link is fooked up. I also think that trying to get other users banned and persistent off topic postings should be a bannable offence.Then again I'm not a mod here, and last time I looked neither of you 2 where either. So just drop it lads, your both acting like pathetic 2 year olds.

Thanks for the heads up Bart the link is fixed. If I were trying to get reactor banned I would have reported his post like I did yours last week. I was just indicating my amusement at him being offended by Yops Dole comment while he made the post I linked to.

There is a system in place here for dealing with abusive posts and charter breaches etc, if you don't like it or want it altered take it up with the mods . Given your recent behavious on this forum I don't believe you are in any position to lecture anyone about childish behavior.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up Bart the link is fixed. If I were trying to get reactor banned I would have reported his post like I did yours last week. I was just indicating my amusement at him being offended by Yops Dole comment while he made the post I linked to. .
    What post of mine did you report last week muppet? I did not post using my Hobart login here last week. More fantasies from the soccer expert :rolleyes:

Nice edit Muppet. FYI we do sometimes discuss the different charters on the Mod forum, but that's a private board and I will not go into the details here with you. You might also want to re-edit your posting there as there is an obvious untruth in it and you use a word "behavious" which I simply do not understand.

The Muppet wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up Bart the link is fixed. If I were trying to get reactor banned I would have reported his post like I did yours last week. I was just indicating my amusement at him being offended by Yops Dole comment while he made the post I linked to.

Feel free to report my post. I didn't abuse anyone.
    Yop's original post is clearly in breach of the charter, but I guess Castlebar comes first, then the charter.

Now I am interested RE*AC*TOR, could you explain why yops post was in breach of the charter.

Then could you go on to explain why yours was not.

And finally follow that up with an explanation of the last comment in your post.

Come on, if you are big enough to roll that stuff out, you surely should be big enough to back it up.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Feel free to report my post. I didn't abuse anyone.
    Yop's original post is clearly in breach of the charter, but I guess Castlebar comes first, then the charter.

I'm all ears....

Now I am interested RE*AC*TOR, could you explain why yops post was in breach of the charter.

Then could you go on to explain why yours was not.

And finally follow that up with an explanation of the last comment in your post.

Come on, if you are big enough to roll that stuff out, you surely should be big enough to back it up.
    Why certainly...

1. Yop: "Did a Liverpool fan do that before they went down the dole queue?"

This comment is a slur on a "group of fans" - therefore it is in breach of the charter.

2. I didn't direct any personal abuse and/or racism at anyone, any group of fans, players, personalities etc. Therefore I didn't break the chater. Perhaps it would be more suitable for you to show me where I DID break the charter? You wrote it.

3. In my final comment I am alluding to the fact that yourself and yop share some geographical history and that one might see that as a reason for turning a blind-eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Will all these injuries affect the race for 2nd place?

Manchester United have suffered a second shattering injury blow in a matter of hours after John O'Shea was ruled out for up to six weeks with fractured ribs.
    O'Shea, 24, was forced out of Sunday's win over Liverpool at half-time as he struggled to overcome the problem, which he apparently picked up during the FA Cup-replay triumph over Burton Albion four days earlier.

The Republic of Ireland international had a scan on the problem yesterday which confirmed Alex Ferguson's worst fears on the same day Paul Scholes was ruled out for the remainder of the season.
    :v:

How is that a slur on a group of fans, it is a question, the same as is gary neville a fool.

Not a breach of the charter but not far off it.

Alot like :-

I would have thought that anyone who would reduce themselves to that level of debate were at best the result of some sort of congenital brain disease.

Very similar as far as I can tell.

And as for turning a blind eye, I have not. If you wanted a particular post brought to my attention report it and it will be reviewed. You are right, I shared some Geographical History with yop, I also shared some with You, Mao Tse Tung, Martin Luther king, Michael Collins, Eamon DeValera and any number of others. I do not turn a blind eye to anything that any of these notables, or you, would chose to post and I certainly have not turned a blind eye to an as yet unreported post by yop.

It is clear, from this and previous posts, that there is some nature of potato field (chip just does not do it any justice) on your shoulder, could you kindly remove it before you next choose to go off on one.

I don't think that the two comments are at all similar. I was refferring to a hypothetical premise. Yop used a rhetorical question. He wasn't asking if a liverpool fan did that before he went down to the dole queue. I don't think that he was looking for the answer for that question. He was merely reenforcing an ethnic stereotype in an attempt at one-upmanship, which was a disruptive influence on this forum (and already resulted in one banning).

Would it be ok if he asked "did Cissé trip over his big lips?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

How is that a slur on a group of fans, it is a question, the same as is gary neville a fool.

Not a breach of the charter but not far off it.

does that mean me asking:

are you a retarded liverpool fan?

is ok as it is a question? Just curious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Rabble rabble!

RuggieBear wrote:
    does that mean me asking:

are you a retarded liverpool fan?

is ok as it is a question? Just curious...
    I would think not. Are all Liverpool fans retarded? is probably a way "around" asking that question. Then again you would have to be retarded to ask that question in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

best to just lock both threads on the match for the sake of the soccer forum and the children. trolling and knit picking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

el rabitos wrote:
    best to just lock both threads on the match for the sake of the soccer forum and the children. trolling and knit picking

Until the next day...:eek:

well people are more passionate about they're trolling when its in relation to man u or liverpool :p

el rabitos wrote:
    well people are more passionate about they're trolling when its in relation to man u or liverpool :p
    it's their trolling not they're trolling and I'm pretty sure knit picking is done with needles while nit-picking could be hyphenated. ;)

• Advertisement

i rest my case :p

Hobart wrote:
    What post of mine did you report last week muppet? I did not post using my Hobart login here last week. More fantasies from the soccer expert :rolleyes:

My learned friend appears to be suffering from amnesia your honour. I call for an adjournment. Don't give up the day job Bart.:p

The Muppet wrote:
    My learned friend appears to be suffering from amnesia your honour. I call for an adjournment. Don't give up the day job Bart.:p
    Point it out Tom. There is no way you reported a thread under the login of Hobart on this board last week. Put up or shut up.

Re*ac*tor and yop banned for a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement