Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomendations request - BB in Ballsbridge

• 23-01-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Over the next two weeks I'll be moving to a rather lush pad in ballsbridge.

It's wired for telephone and NTL cable. It's proximity to Jury's hotel would imply that I can probably get most kinds of broadband there, easily.

So, I'd prefer to spend < 50 euros a month, but price isn't really my only criteria.

What I would like is decent service and speed consistently, and a fixed IP might come in handy, though is not neccessary.

What do you reccomend and why?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

NTL Cable if it's available, then Smart or Magnet for speed. If none of them are available then I would go for BT.

The whys:
    • Speed
    • Reliability
    • Customer service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

WizZard wrote:
    NTL Cable if it's available, then Smart or Magnet for speed. If none of them are available then I would go for BT.

I agree, except for the BT part. Their customer service is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

NTL is available in parts of Ballsbridge, not certain if it is enabled around Jury's. I would recommned exactly as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

NTL BB is available in parts of Ballbridge apparently, so could be worth a shot. I didn't think it was on Smart's rollout in the near future, but I could be wrong.

CS and Billing depts aside, BT Ireland is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

After all this we signed up to Imag!ne but I won't be surprised if they can't hook us up. We signed up on 13 Jan and they say but I don't believe any of these shysters at all we will be hooked up on Feb 10.

Imagine can not offer anything that BT can't. They all re-sell Eircon. I would cancel them for lying and go with BT. Where abouts in Ballsbridge are you? The merrion centre end of Ballsbridge has NTL & Eircon BB enabled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

A friend lives at Jurys end of Pembroke Rd and he has just dumped Eircom and had Smart installed ( Beggars Bush exchange), telephone, broadband. Very happy with service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I recommend BT. Service is great, has never gone down for me, consistantly high speeds. I know a lot of people here seem to have problems with billing but it's all been good for me. Been with them 2 years this April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're on the Beggar's Bush exchange, you can definitely get Smart. I think that exchange has been enabled for quite a while. Cancel Imagine and go with Smart. It might be a bit of hassle, largely caused by Eircom no doubt, but it's the best value broadband in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

I'll do my best go NTL.

Advertisement