Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issues with Sister

• 23-01-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get this out of my system before the tears start to build up & people in work will notice that im really pissed off & upset. And people who won't know me & my family are probably gonna find it hard to understand but i hope someone will.

Ok this morning my mam felt a bit sick & she seemed a bit off form. I didn't take any notice i just let her be cause i knew she was feeling sick. So after this i took my mam to the shop to buy some shopping & then we said we'd head to my sisters house for a bite to eat before i was to head off to work at 1pm.

Arrived at my sisters house everything was fine until my sister said she was pissed off with my mam. Now it was over something stupid so im not going to say what she was pissed off over. Anyway she upset my mam & mam walked away crying. I stood my ground told her to calm down & that there was no need for this outburst as mam was feeling sick. She told me to stop dragging it out, i said to forget about it but she totally lost it ( i think she was feeling a bit down herself at the time).

She said some awful things to me i've been crying all morning about it. I just got up & left her house with mam & went home. Mam was crying non stop & i had to leave her (which i didn't want to) to go to work. My eyes are stinging like mad from crying but i can't get this outburst out of my head.

I feel guilty as though this was my fault but i know if she didn't give out to mam someone else was going to get it. I know shes upset right now and shes only after having a baby 4 months ago.

Just wanted to know what people thought of this & any advice given would be appreciated??

I want to get this out of me or else im going to start crying again & ill look like a fool a work with big red glassy eyes.

Thanks again guys. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

tbh, its hard to give relevant advice without knowing some more specifics. Was your sister like this before she gave birth? If yes, then leave her to it. If not, you have to make allowances. What kind of stuff was she saying? If it's stupid stuff, then just try to smooth things over for both of them, if it was more serious, you might want to talk to someone else in the family for help?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I feel guilty as though this was my fault but i know if she didn't give out to mam someone else was going to get it. I know shes upset right now and shes only after having a baby 4 months ago:

she had a baby four months ago, would it be safe to say that she's tired and wrecked and probably more than a bit grumpy from lack of sleep?

hard to comment on anything else as you are not willing to say what the whole thing is about....

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

It might be hard to do, but you shouldn't feel guilty about these sort of fights, it sounds like everyone was stressed and emotional to begin with, your mam was sick and your sister might have been stressed and hormonal because of the baby. They would have said things to each other and to you that they didn't really mean. I'm sure that if you let them settle down for a while and talk to them later, you can sort everything out. Try to cheer up and clear your head for now, or have a bit of a rant at someone and get it all out if you need to. It'll be fine in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It was a fight not the end of the world. I'm tempted to say "girls" followed by rolleyes smiley.

Whatever was said wasn't the end of the world you will either forget about it or talk to your sister about it. To be honest your story sounds like the sort of thing my best mate who used to live with 4 sisters excluding the mother used to have to put up with on a daily basis.

Well if your sister might have post natal depression, she could really need help. Maybe you could talk to the reat of the family about it? But if you're very worried about her you should say something and let her know that you only want to help her, she'll realise that you're only looking out for her in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

^^^^^^

what Merrick said. You've made the right move by looking for help, but with the greatest of respect, it seems like this problem could be too serious for you to handle on your own. I'd seriously suggest talking to an older family member (I'm assuming you are young-ish), or even your doctor to get practical advice. People have to study for years to be able to help with this stuff, it's not your fault you can't do it alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

two ways to sort this out

1. Foxy Boxing

2. Mud wrestling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

toffeapple wrote:

1. Foxy Boxing

2. Mud wrestling

*Tries to keep a serious face*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd really feel embarrassed if i told you why she got pissed off with my mother. Other than that i think she may be suffering from post natal depression i don't want to tell her she needs help as she'll go ballistic. She wasn't like this before she had the baby. She has 3 boys now & shes gotten post natal before, im just worried that she has it at the mo & we're all going to suffer (as in the family) these outbursts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

toffeapple wrote:

1. Foxy Boxing

2. Mud wrestling

toff
    if you have nothing useful to add to the topic, please refrain from commenting at all.
    read the charter with regards to useless comments
    B

• Advertisement

toffeapple wrote:

1. Foxy Boxing

2. Mud wrestling

Dude!!! Can we have some sensitivity here please??

Merrick wrote:
    Dude!!! Can we have some sensitivity here please??

sorry folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

Could you not speak to your mam or another family member about it? Maybe suggest that the reason your sister got so upset over something that was silly was because she's got pnt? If there is someone closer to your sister perhaps you could chat with them and maybe they'd sit down and talk to her? Hope it works out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Give it a day or two to blow over, and hopefully she'll give you or your mother a phone call and apologise.

It's clearly her at fault (if what you say is true) but as said above the worry is that there's a serious underlying cause for it.

Hopefully her husband or partner (if has one) will be able to bring this up with her and help her through it. Maybe have a word with them if things dont get any better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

First of all, why would you feel embarrassed over telling us what the "stupid thing" was? You're posting unreg, and nobody knows who you are! So just tell us what it is - people can't offer advice if you don't tell them the full story.

Like other people said, give her a while to cool off and hopefully she'll cop on and apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I want to thank everyone who posted a reply. I never realised how nice & how caring people can be in PI. I really do appreciate everyones reply.

After work i called her to have a chat & she apologised. She said she never meant to get me involved & she apologised to our mam aswell. Everything is fine now. She told me that she is worried about my nephew whos 4 with the baby.She can't leave him alone with the baby as he keeps hurting him, shes going to the doctor today to get him checked out though so hopefully he will be fine too.

Upset girl wrote:
    I want to thank everyone who posted a reply. I never realised how nice & how caring people can be in PI. I really do appreciate everyones reply.

QUOTE]

except me:D

Advertisement