Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Suicide bombers non believers ?

• 23-01-2006 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In recent years there has been much much debate on the issue of suicide bombing, some groups say its allowed and some say its not. At the end of the day the Koran can be shown to allow a lot of things if you want. But I think all this talk is cheap. I think Islam is facing a real problem.

One the one hand its trying to say its against Islam to kill civilians and then on the other they justify it by saying that the US is doing just that so why cant we. I find at a grass root level muslims themselves are very slow to denounce this type of activity. I would equate it to the troubles in the north. On the whole the Irish people were against killing people but when push came to shove they would be up for the IRA "defending" the people up the north.

I think Islam must move away from this violent nature that has taken hold of it. But I do fear that it is so ingrained that this would be impossible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is already a thread discussing Suicide bombers. Please take your questions there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement