Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Irish Broadband Cleaned Up Its Act?

• 23-01-2006 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has Irish Broadband Cleaned up it's act?
    Sure i still have to odd issue with them but its normally small and would be expected from a ISP. The last big issue i had was when all Dublin connections died for a couple of hours a week or too back. Overall i find them a good ISP...... for the moment anyway.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Had an issue that lasted less than a week about 2 months ago but all is well again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I have to agree,its working well for me... a good 2mb/2mb line hehe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

If you want a definate answer, ring up their helpline and listen to the message telling you that service is severely degraded or non-existant in well over half a dozen counties...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Agreed no issues that i have noticed since October/November on my connection and also I have to say I have noticed a decline on the IBB bashings you regularly see on boards in the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

my connection has been crap since the start of january, they are supposed to be moving me to a different highsite because the one that i am on (churchfield in cork) is "over subscribed". they are doing the test today to see if i have LOS with SpurHill ?. i had perfect speeds and pings up until january. maybe they should make an effort to keep their existing customers rather that getting any new ones.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

Agreed no issues that i have noticed since October/November on my connection and also I have to say I have noticed a decline on the IBB bashings you regularly see on boards in the past few weeks.

heh, most of the hardcore complainers have either given up on the service and left or have probably just accepted its crap and are bidding their time to move.

anyway this is what my connection looks like http://www.spoofedpacket.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=World.Europe.IBB.IBB-83-141-64-156 the bandwidth of my 2mbit connection is still not the best, the monkies at ibb really dont understand why my connection is like what it is. ibb have nicely broken my downloading habits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It was only a matter of time...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

vinks wrote:
    heh, most of the hardcore complainers have either given up on the service and left or have probably just accepted its crap and are bidding their time to move.

anyway this is what my connection looks like http://www.spoofedpacket.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=World.Europe.IBB.IBB-83-141-64-156 the bandwidth of my 2mbit connection is still not the best, the monkies at ibb really dont understand why my connection is like what it is. ibb have nicely broken my downloading habits!
    Humm prob not the best idea

A. Giving out yout ip address in a forum and
    B. Setting your router to be configurable from outside your network

http://yourIP/

meh, my connection is so broken anyway, besides the monitoring system is on a remote host out of ireland, and i packet filter on a linux box before it hits my home machines anyway ;) even if you do get in, there is nothing to do since the connection is so slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I don't think IBB are improving in the Clonsilla area anyway. I have 1MB Breeze and the speeds are rarely up to par. See attached for this mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

Is it just me or has Irish Broadband Cleaned up it's act?
    Sure i still have to odd issue with them but its normally small and would be expected from a ISP. The last big issue i had was when all Dublin connections died for a couple of hours a week or too back. Overall i find them a good ISP...... for the moment anyway.

Anyone else feel the same?

No they're still crap, particularly uploads which rarely venture above dialup speeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Still crap for us, I'm switching provider at the first chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

IBB's been down in Galway for most of the day. Parts of Cork have been down since last week! You just get so used to it that you take it until the 12 months is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭MackQ

joolsveer wrote:
    I don't think IBB are improving in the Clonsilla area anyway. I have 1MB Breeze and the speeds are rarely up to par. See attached for this mornings.

Those speeds are twice what I get on 2MB. I think I'll ask them for a downgrade.

ibb seem to be doing something to their network,...

see attached graph, the latency rose then dropped after some period time...

its quite annoying that its unreliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Mine was bad all last week and over the weekend. SInce TUesday its beed good though. I had god pings just bad speeds so I dident complain much. You sorta get used to it. I havent had any major issues simce my last fix on NOvember 23rd. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Is galway still down? This happened on new years eve aswell, it was down for 2 days then, and last nite its down again. But tbh I have had very few/if any problems with my connection apart from this downtime. Speeds and pings are usually spot on in galway, well for me and for a friend of mine they are. I`m on 512 up/down I get through moycullen broadband scheme and me friend is on 1mb breeze from IBB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I asked IBB (by email) to cancel my account and take away their equipment yesterday after having ntl installed. I attach a graphic showing my current speeds.

well, i was seeing ~70% packet loss last night / this morning....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 twomeym

gordonnet wrote:
    my connection has been crap since the start of january, they are supposed to be moving me to a different highsite because the one that i am on (churchfield in cork) is "over subscribed". they are doing the test today to see if i have LOS with SpurHill ?. i had perfect speeds and pings up until january. maybe they should make an effort to keep their existing customers rather that getting any new ones.:)

I don't know if your cnnection has improved but I'm also on the Churchfield highsight in Cork and my connection since the beginning of January has been shocking, varing from nothing to not even dial-up. I should be getting a credit (it took about an hour on hold with their customer service dept today to get this) for January but will probably get rid of it anyway. I've have every range of excuse for the poor service ranging from seemingly reasonably to outrageous.

Seriously unhappy punter!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

There is definately something up. I have called them twice over the last week and the longest I have had to wait is 4 minutes:eek:

I have testing my connection today using irishisptest and most of the time I am getting just shy of 2Mb down and 10Mb, yes 10, up.

There was supposed to be an upgrade on my mast so I called in to see if it had happened or if this was a freal occurance. They did not know the guy told me he would check it out and mail me. Guess what.........?

Wrong, he actually did mail me back! :eek: They are not sure if my mast has been upgraded the guys that know are not in but I will be updated when the guy finds out.

For anyone that is interested the proposes upgrade is to increase backhaul. I asked if they had enough back in October when I opened this ticket and I was told he had. They obviously lied.

MrP

Advertisement