Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gettking kitten fixed/vet fees...

Options
  • 23-01-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

OK my kitten is nearly 6 months old. Will be 6 months feb 4th. Should i get her fixed then? Also how much "should" it cost? What are the average vet fees?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

In a word YES ! By getting her fixed you are preventing unwanted litters and possible health problems later. Last time i got a kitten done it cost €46.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yep - 40 to 60 euros. That should include the op and also the anti-biotics for her afterwards.

She is going to be pretty sore when you pick her up from the vets, so have some nice whiskas milk and grub close to the basket for her. Nice warm environment. She'll be grand in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Worth getting the kitten chipped too - I have just lost my cat: the chip saved him once before, whatever has happened to him now the chip hasn't done any good. Anyway, it did allow him to be returned to me for a little while.

It would still be in my list anyway: neuter (€60), cat-flu-antibiotics (€25), chip (€40)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Arcadian wrote:
    In a word YES ! By getting her fixed you are preventing unwanted litters and possible health problems later. Last time i got a kitten done it cost €46.

:D I think you missunderstood me... there was no question if "IF" i should get her fixed... it was how much will it cost and is 6 months the time i should do it :D

Thanks for the responses guys.
    Now if she would just learn to poo in her litterbox correctly... She sometimes decides the floor is better, she seems to prefer smooth flat surface to any sort of cat litter.

She mostly uses the box, and always to pee... but to poo she seems to not want to use it half the time. And when she does.. she just cant figure out how to cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Saruman wrote:
    :D I think you missunderstood me... there was no question if "IF" i should get her fixed... it was how much will it cost and is 6 months the time i should do it :D

Oops! Sorry:D Most vets wait until 6 months before spaying but kittens can safely be done earlier too.

With regards to the litter tray issue you could try her with a second tray, she may be one of those cats that places cleanliness next to godliness;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Have you tried changing the type of cat litter you use? One of mine will only use wood based litter, one will only use clay based & one refuses to go in a tray that's been used at all. :rolleyes:

Yes second tray.. one is enclosed.. like i said she does actually use it but cant cover up and then sometimes she gets confused and decides to go on the kitchen tile.

As i said yes i have tried different cat litter and its the same. Tried cheap stuff from Aldi first right to the expensive woodchip stuff.. Now thats good cat litter, if only she would use it right.. her mom is fine, not a bother.. I guess not a good teacher though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Ah - I had one of them. He eventually figured it out @ about 18 months. He's a very pretty boy but quite dim... :D

Im pretty sure its because she keeps reunning around like a nutter and hitting her head off doors etc :D

Advertisement