Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat bt caps

• 23-01-2006 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

I haven't been able to find confirmation anywhere. What is the cap for the 2mbit Esat BT bb service?

I've been upgraded to the 2Mbit package over the weekend and I'm wondering if the cap has been increased also.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Cap hasnt changed.
    Have you been on the moon the last few weeks. or just too lazy to search the other threads about this?
    :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Cap hasnt changed.
    Have you been on the moon the last few weeks. or just too lazy to search the other threads about this?
    :v:

No. I work for a living.

I checked down through 2 pages of threads and I couldn't find any mention. And also, seeing as the switch only happened today - I thought people would only know for certain today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

dont mind mr condescending above....
    http://bords.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054877939

according to that thread increase from 12 to 20

not surprised you couldnt find what you were looking for on this forum, this place has been crazy lately, and so much hear say, speculation and people just being down right wrong (see poste above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

BT sent the following email to BB users(if your registered)

From 23rd January, BT Broadband will feature faster download speeds* for the same price.

Broadband Download speed increases from 1Mbps to 2Mbps

Broadband Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 256Kbps

Broadband Plus Download speed increases from 2Mbps to 3Mbps

Broadband Plus Upload speed increases from 128Kbps to 384Kbps

More speed means music tracks download faster, video plays more smoothly, and web pages open with just a click. Your enjoyment online will increase, but your Broadband bill won’t!

Increased data transfer limits let you do more.

Along with speed increases, data transfer limits will also increase from 23rd January.

Broadband data transfer limit increases from 12GB to 20GB
    Broadband Plus data transfer limit increases from 24GB to 30GB

Enjoy the convenience of online billing.

Online billing puts you in control with tools that let you track your total callspend, pay your bill, review previous transactions, update billing details and more.

Setting up online billing is easy. Click here to find out how.

We hope you continue to enjoy your BT Broadband service.

Thank you for your custom.

*Due to line quality characteristics, some customers may not experience the new speed increases in full

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Do BT actually bill for going over the cap can anyone tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Cap hasnt changed.

Have you been on the moon the last few weeks. or just too lazy to search the other threads about this?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

JackieChan wrote:
    BT sent the following email to BB users(if your registered)

Broadband data transfer limit increases from 12GB to 20GB
    Broadband Plus data transfer limit increases from 24GB to 30GB
    Wow, they really pushed the boat out on the cap increases there didn't they. I find it a bit mad that the cheaper product gets a larger cap increase though. They could have just doubled them both.
    skywalker wrote:
    Never been charged anyway, hopefully never will. Even if they did, I'd contest it anyway. Without a system like UTVs in place, that would automatically cut you off when you hit the cap, I'd say you would have a prety good arguement in contesting a charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well tbh if Esat can't put a system in place for me to track my usage then they can eff off if they look for money.

the meter worked once, the day i got broadband and hasn't worked since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Cremo wrote:
    well tbh if Esat can't put a system in place for me to track my usage then they can eff off if they look for money.

the meter worked once, the day i got broadband and hasn't worked since.
    There is that too, which aparantly doesn't work for quite a lot of people. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't try and bill you anyway, in the hope you'll roll over and fork out the dough.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Send them an e-mail and they'll fix it.

They've said a number of times that they 'reserve the right to charge' but don't have any intention of doing so at the moment - at least that's what one can understand.

I've broken my cap a few times as far as I know and never once been charged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

From conversation with BT i was told "we don not enforce cap, even if you went well over, not like Eircon or UTV who do charge their customers."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

*sigh*
    noone else got the "on the moon" thing?
    *shakes head*
    mabye they did but it was just too lame.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Drustan

2 Lame to deserve a comment to:D :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

skywalker wrote:

I have broken my cap every month since I got connected to BT and I have never been charged, when I say broken its more like smashed it last month alone I d/loaded 87.5gigs so I wouldnt worry about going over by a few gigs;)

Advertisement