Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention football players

Options
  • 23-01-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

Any decent football players on board who fancy playing a few Superleague games for a Sunday team pm me and ill give you details for training. I know there are always plenty of good players who want to play and havent got a team, or players who want to leave there current team and both are welcome. As long as your willing to put in 100% your more than welcome to train.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

are we talking real football here as in gaa or the other football as in soccer?can girls play? One thing that annoys me about sport in UCD is if you havent already played for your country before you arrive in college then you dont get a look in.In first year i went to the basketball tryouts,id never played basketball before but played for the county netball team in england.I didnt have a clue how to bounce the ball etc or thought i could join the beginners team and they could teach me. But there was only one session of tryouts were they picked 30 amazing players.So i asked the coach if there was a beginners team or if he could teach me and he said no they dont have time for beginners there to busy winning cups.

Then last year me and my mate went down to join the freshers girls gaelic football.Me bro plays for limerick so im always out messing around with him at home and have a pretty good kick except cant do the solo run.Anywho we didnt get a look in cos we didnt have any experience and when we asked the coach if there was a beginners team she said once again they dont have time for it.

I didnt go to a particular sporty secondary school and sports is something ive always wanted to do cos im tall and athletic.However i have no opportunity to learn any team sports in ucd cos they only deal with the top level and i dont think this is fair.How is ucd meant to promote good fitness when only the top athletes are allowed train?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Outdoor activity promotes good health! :eek:
    I see an election issue coming over the hill...:D

PS Superleague is just for lads I'm afraid Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I know this thread was secretly aimed at me. Sorry, but my alleigance to the Flip Flops is unerring.

Good luck getting some players in. Which team is it for if you dont mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Sgt Slaughter

If i told you id have to kill you, thats confidential information :D . Flip flops eh, are they any good? Got any decent forwards that i could try and poach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My allegiance to SISAW is also unwaivering I'm afraid, er, Sergeant.

Even though we're rubbish.

I get subbed off at half-time cos I'm that desperate for a cigarette...
    And I'm one of the fitter players.:eek:

• Advertisement

If i told you id have to kill you, thats confidential information :D . Flip flops eh, are they any good? Got any decent forwards that i could try and poach?
    We have a lethal strike force. None of them going anywhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Originally Posted by Besty
    We have a lethal strike force. None of them going anywhere though.

That's because their treble treble winning manager (dagenham and redbridge in champo 2003-2013), made them sign they're contracts in Blood. Plus, they're in awe of his tactical awareness and rousing motivational speeches at half time. :p

EDIT# - Am now considering reporting Sgt Slaughter for 'tapping up' of players under contract!

That's because their treble treble winning manager (dagenham and redbridge in champo 2003-2013), made them sign they're contracts in Blood. Plus, they're in awe of his tactical awareness and rousing motivational speeches at half time. :p

EDIT# - Am now considering reporting Sgt Slaughter for 'tapping up' of players under contract!
    It's true, it's true. My gaffer is a legend and a tactical genius. He has a great backroom staff too! :v:

Advertisement