Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble pools draw

• 23-01-2006 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Ok I might n't be in later on so the draw was done and below is everybody's number:

1. Mr.Nice Guy
    2. Hoodle
    3. julep
    4. Mad Dog
    5. the sunbabe wan
    6. Winning Hand
    7. brianomc
    8. Corholio
    9. Fozzy
    10. Coney Island
    11. evil_seed
    12. LivingDead
    13. Roar
    14. Lita Forever
    15. charlie mchugh
    16. chopperbyrne
    17. RebelRockChick
    18. jonnybadd
    19. Vince135792003
    20. Brow
    21. D-FENS
    22. besty
    23. gimmick
    24. Aristotle
    25. AlcoholicA
    26. the flananator
    27. Kio
    28. Stalfos
    29. dave1982
    30. b0bsquish

I thought the whole Royal Rumble pool thing was missing somthing. A prize. So then it occured to me, WRISTBANDS!!. Cheap and perhaps even tacky but a prize nonetheless. So I bought 2 of them off ebay and they will be awarded as follows:

Main prize- obviously if your wrestler wins the Rumble. You will be the envy of all your friends with a purple (at least I think it is) EDGE WRISTBAND!!

Consolation prize- we can call it the Bushwhaker Luke award, whoever wrestlers lasts the least amount of time will receive, brace your self for it an ORLANDO JORDAN WRISTBAND which you can wear with pride/shame.

So there you have it. Tommorow I might throw out some useless statistics, on what numbers have won etc.. But for now thats really it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

well .. whoever has number 2 has no chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Accroding to wikipedia:
    # Superstars have won at 1(2x),2,3,5,13,18,22,23,24(3x),25,27(4x),28, and 29.

# Superstars have not won at 4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,26, and 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

well thats me screwed then so!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Lol, I wouldn't lose hope. First time for everything and all that. I think my number is decent enough but I don't think it'll be the winner. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Number 1? Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

fair play for supplying prizes Vince :thumbsup:

I got 13, lucky for some eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

Gah I'm screwed...interesting to know who did win at the number two spot though...

Edit : one Vincent Kennedy McMahon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

29 good number i supposse nice one for taking time to organaize

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

6. Whoever it is is gonna need some staying power. Is ultimo dragon in this years rumble :D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is the Royal Rumble Pay Per View or on Sky Sports?

• Advertisement

Pay Per View. However I always find that along with mania, the royle rumble is always worth a few bunses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

sorry chopper but money-mad-murdoch is after the poor mans few schillings again.
    funnily enough i always felt that €35 a month was pay per view, but i musn't know as much as sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

number 5 :D sweet.....

and i love wikipedia it knows every thing:p

sorry chopper but money-mad-murdoch is after the poor mans few schillings again.
    funnily enough i always felt that €35 a month was pay per view, but i musn't know as much as sky

It actually may suprise people to know that it was wwe that pushed for the events to go ppv in the U.K. Extra revenue, but more importantly they can bolster there fledging ppv buyrates with extra buys coming form here and the U.K so that there buyrates to the U.S public don't seem as bad as tey actually are. Sky were more than happy to keep all the events on sky sports.

[QUOTEand i love wikipedia it knows every thing:p[/QUOTE]
    I know it just seems to know evereything and is always updated with great speed and accuarcy. Type in scanger and see hoe well they sum them up. They even manage to differenciate with great accuracy between the irish scanger and the english chav. For further laughs type in d4. Sorry that that was a bit off topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, here's hoping no.9 wins for once. I think it's safe to say that no.30's screwed! What's the bets I have the guy who lasts for over an hour, only to be knocked out in the last 4 despite a valiant effort?!

Just thought I'd stick in the guys who are in the Rumble, according to WWE.com:

- Bobby Lashley
    - Rob Van Dam
    - Chavo Guerrero
    - Triple H
    - Shelton Benjamin
    - Kane
    - Viscera
    - Trevor Murdoch
    - Sylvan
    - Big Show
    - Shawn Michaels
    - Chris Masters
    - Carlito
    - Chris Benoit
    - Rey Mysterio
    - Randy Orton
    - Matt Hardy
    - Orlando Jordan
    - Road Warrior Animal
    - Psicosis
    - Super Crazy
    - Johnny Nitro
    - Joey Mercury
    - Simon Dean

That's 25 already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If you order it, how many repeats to you get, because some of us have work on Monday mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think it repeats itself every three (or as long as it lasts) hours til wednesday. I know it repeats itself the whole of monday though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

what time does it start at ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

1am

• Advertisement

tonight ? How much is it too buy on sky ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

No, sunday night at 1am. Cost about €21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Courtesy of Wikpedia some useless but fun statistics about the rumble:

* The Royal Rumble match was reportedly created by Pat Patterson, who was inspired by the annual Cow Palace battle royal.
    * The first Royal Rumble in 1988 aired on the USA Network. The 1988 Rumble was unusual for two reasons: It featured only twenty competitors rather than what would become the standard thirty, and any egress over the top rope constituted an elimination (regardless of whether that wrestler's feet touched the floor).
    * The first two wrestlers to ever compete in a Royal Rumble were Bret Hart and Tito Santana, who in the inaugural 1988 match drew #1 and #2 respectively. The first wrestler ever eliminated in a Royal Rumble was "The Natural" Butch Reed.
    * While the #1 draw would appear to be the worst possible number of entry, the first entrant has twice won the Royal Rumble: Shawn Michaels in 1995 and Chris Benoit in 2004.
    * A year after Chris Benoit entered #1 and won the event, he entered in 2005 at #2. He was one of the last 6 remaining superstars.
    * Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit who headlined the world championship matches for SmackDown! and Raw respectively at WrestleMania 20, began the annual event in 2005 at numbers 1 and 2 respectively.
    * At the 1992 Royal Rumble, Ric Flair was the first wrestler to win the WWF Championship in the Royal Rumble match. As of 2006, he is the only wrestler to ever do so.
    * Despite being ostensibly the best draw possible, no wrestler has ever won the Royal Rumble from the #30 position. The closest was Brock Lesnar in 2003, who entered at number 29.
    o However, the following wrestlers who have entered at Number 30 were the last eliminated in the Rumble: Ted Dibiase (1989), Mr. Perfect (1990), Randy Savage (1993), and The Undertaker (2003)
    * Superstars have won at 1(2x),2,3,5,13,18,22,23,24(3x),25,27(4x),28, and 29.
    * Superstars have not won at 4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,19,20,21,26, and 30.
    * Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels are the only superstars to have entered the Royal Rumble Match as #1 on two or more occasions. Bret Hart in 1988 and 1991 and Shawn Michaels in 1995 & 2003. Michaels volunteered for the #1 entry in 2003.
    * Undertaker is the only superstar to have entered the Royal Rumble as #30 on two or more occasions, in 1997 and 2003.
    * Batista has participated in two Royal Rumble matches, entering as #28 in both matches; 2003 and 2005, winning the latter.
    * The 1991 Royal Rumble was the first to have a WWF Heavyweight Championship Match on the card, featuring The Ultimate Warrior defending the title against Sgt. Slaughter.

I'm surprised it doesn't mention that Chyna was the first (and only) woman to compete in the Royal Rumble. ( 99 & 2000)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm pretty sure it does. I only copied about half of Wikpedia stats. I thought if I posted anymore people might would die of boredom. There's only so many useless statisitcs people can stomach!

Ahh right. I thought that was them all lol.

I'm surprised it doesn't mention that Chyna was the first (and only) woman to compete in the Royal Rumble. ( 99 & 2000)

Lita wouldn't be good enough to compete in the Rumble. ;)

Lol! Tsk tsk trying to make me mad just because a fiery woman turns you on won't work. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Lol! Tsk tsk trying to make me mad just because a fiery woman turns you on won't work. :p

Hear, Hear, she is hot as f**k...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok I might n't be in later on so the draw was done and below is everybody's number:

1. Mr.Nice Guy
    HHH
    2. Hoodle
    Rey Mysterio
    3. julep
    simon f*cking dean
    4. Mad Dog
    psicosis
    5. the sunbabe wan
    Flair
    6. Winning Hand
    big show
    7. brianomc
    coach
    8. Corholio
    Lashley
    9. Fozzy
    Kane
    10. Coney Island
    sylvan
    11. evil_seed
    Carlito
    12. LivingDead
    Benoit
    13. Roar
    Booker T
    14. Lita Forever
    Joey Mercury
    i was really hoping for matt hardy here. :)
    15. charlie mchugh
    Tatanka
    16. chopperbyrne
    Johnny Nitro
    17. RebelRockChick
    Trevor Murdoch
    18. jonnybadd
    Eugene
    19. Vince135792003
    road warrior animal
    20. Brow
    Rob Van Dam
    21. D-FENS
    Orlando Jordan
    22. besty
    Chavo Guerrero
    23. gimmick
    Matt Hardy
    24. Aristotle
    Super Crazy
    kind of ironic
    25. AlcoholicA
    HBK
    26. the flananator
    Chris Masters
    27. Kio
    Viscera
    28. Stalfos
    Shelton Benjamin
    29. dave1982
    Golddust
    30. b0bsquish
    Randy Orton
    i'll edit this as it goes along. ctrl +a to see the spoilers.
    tye dye guy is there. he rocks.
    Vince screwed me with that pick. :(

Hoodle wins.
    biggest disappointment ever. you might as well have given it to spike dudley.

julep wrote:
    i'll edit this as it goes along.

Has the rumble itself started ? what time has the actually rumble been scheuled for ?

the third person has just entered. i'm not going to win this pool.
    the show itself began at 1am.

julep wrote:
    the third person has just entered. i'm not going to win this pool.
    the show itself began at 1am.

im on the phone as i type she cant get it to come through

gah :eek: who did the number one fella piss off?? i cant do that black out thing. :o

Sarge wrote:
    im on the phone as i type she cant get it to come through

why did u wait until now???? you know it would be worth to watch the rumble anyway.....

• Advertisement

press control and 'A' to highlight it or just drag your mouse across it.

I have it now

hahah the coach...

flair :eek: ok. there maybe some hope.... *sigh*

My Fav Wrestler Ever
    Takanka

oh my ****ing god class

• Advertisement

come here, anyone know if theres gonna be a celeb join the rumble???? my bet is shaq :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

I got
    the coach
    . Dang, of all the rotten luck.
    I think Sylvan may have beaten him to quickest eliminated though, :)

I had Triple H at number one which was fitting since I tipped him weeks ago. Can't believe he didn't win it but I'm well pleased for Mysterio.

Advertisement