Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair play, but what a goal!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Thats a good one.

Ajax v Cambuur. The long goal from Ajax was accidental, it should have been a pass back to the opposition keeper, so they agreed to allow Cambuur to score. However, the Ajax goalie didnt want to score an own goal by the looks of things and wasnt quite sure what was going on. A very unusual incident.

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Literally the exact same thing as that happened in a Carling Cup match last season between Yeovil and someone else.

Good one anyhow! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

crazy dutch!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

redspider wrote:
    Thats a good one.

Ajax v Cambuur. The long goal from Ajax was accidental, it should have been a pass back to the opposition keeper, so they agreed to allow Cambuur to score. However, the Ajax goalie didnt want to score an own goal by the looks of things and wasnt quite sure what was going on. A very unusual incident.

redspider
    Thanks for pointing out the blindingly obvious.

Great strike by the Ajax boy, very Ronaldinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Uh... surely letting a tream score, even in the interests of fair play, would be illegal in the rulebook?

I woulda said tough shi*t guys, get a better keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

That was Ajax 'reserves' (<-for all intents and purposes) going 3-0 up against a side a league below them in a cup game with about 15mins left to go.

Somehow I can't see a team being so generous in a 'real' game that wasn't already over as a competitive fixture. I certainly wouldn't be either way. I'd be with Pie and have just told them "tough shít" "you snooze you lose".

Pigman II wrote:
    That was Ajax 'reserves' (<-for all intents and purposes) going 3-0 up against a side a league below them in a cup game with about 15mins left to go.

Somehow I can't see a team being so generous in a 'real' game that wasn't already over as a competitive fixture. I certainly wouldn't be either way. I'd be with Pie and have just told them "tough shít" "you snooze you lose".
    As Zane pointed out above, it happened in the cup last season. I thought it was the FA cup, but I could be wrong. The lad who scored the 'evener' went on to score a hat-trick and win them the game, he was on Soccer AM later that week IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

As Zane pointed out above, it happened in the cup last season. I thought it was the FA cup, but I could be wrong. The lad who scored the 'evener' went on to score a hat-trick and win them the game, he was on Soccer AM later that week IIRC.

Are we talking Yeovil vs Chelsea or two evenly matched teams here? If I was the manager of that losing team and the game was not already out of sight (either 99% lost or won) I'd not be putting up with that kind of nonsense.

Zane is right, it was the Carling Cup.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/NewsFromTheFA/Postings/2004/08/Brooking_Yeovil.htm
    Last night Huish Park saw a remarkable act of sportmanship from home side Yeovil Town in their Carling Cup match with Plymouth Argyle.
    Also the guy who got the hat-trick scored the 'accidental' goal, not the leveler - so I guess it didn't matter in the end, but they didn't know that at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

well i think its very good on the part of the sides involved and it shows great sportmanship. Does anyone know if they recieved an award like the time Di Canio did for catching the ball while the everton keep lay injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

redspider has a habit of doing that,

great incident, agree with it not being as straightforward if it had have been more competitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

The reason I wrote it out is that sometimes people on this forum do not understand what they see. You yourself are a small case in point. It wasnt a "great strike" as you say, it was an accident. He was aiming to pass it back to the keeper and he overhit it. Whereas Ronaldinho's goal against England in the 2002 WC, which you are probably referring to, was one that he meant and was aiming for, even if it did catch most of us and Seaman by surprise.

That might sound like nit-picking, but consider it a reposte to your disparaging remarks.
    redspider has a habit of doing that

It goes with the territory around here I'm afraid .....

redspider

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Would have been hilarious if Cambuur had to miss that. :D

redspider wrote:
    The reason I wrote it out is that sometimes people on this forum do not understand what they see. You yourself are a small case in point. It wasnt a "great strike" as you say, it was an accident. He was aiming to pass it back to the keeper and he overhit it. Whereas Ronaldinho's goal against England in the 2002 WC, which you are probably referring to, was one that he meant and was aiming for, even if it did catch most of us and Seaman by surprise.
    hahahaha. It was an accident? No way! I'd never have guessed!

(I am being sarcastic by the way, as I was being sarcastic when I said the Ajax goal was a great strike. I thought that was quite obvious, but maybe you can only state it and not spot it.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/2796957.stm

Advertisement