Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots made to measure!

• 23-01-2006 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

After spending many hours over the weekend in search of the perfect pair of boots, I think the only solution might be for me to get a pair "tailor made" - just for me!

Almost every pair of boots I've seen recently are smothered in buckles, zips, patches, chains and bows - which I don't want! All I want is a pair of plain black leather knee high boots, pointy toes, high (thin) heels...

Does anyone know of anywhere around Dublin offering a service for custom-made shoes and boots? Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CarolLorraine

You might want to try a place on Talbot St. I think it's called Tara Leathers. It's opposite the AIB bank-link halfway down the street. Their number is listed as (087) 8197777.

Oh and also in Castleknock there's John Rooney who's on the main street (on your right as you're heading towards the church). His number is (01) 8202068. He seems to be kept busy from what I see when I'm around the area.

Let us know how you get on with the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Hi CarolLorraine, that's a great help, thanks a million for that. I'll probably try the Talbot Street place first, as it's easier for me to get to!
    Thanks again! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can order online too, I think Duo Boots are one name, and buckles and bows are another. these are particularly good for ladies with larger calves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, duo boots are to be found here: http://duoboots.com/index.php

I've never used them myself although I'm tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hotpotatoes

just logged onto that website, its great!!!ive been looking for a nice pair of boots for ages. very tempted to buy those pampas boots from the contemporary range....better check how much £120 and my postage fee is in euros before i get carried away....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

That Duo Boots site is great - I'm tempted already by the Cadiz style in the Dress section. Something tells me I'm not going to get much work done this morning! :)
    Dudara, that other site you mentioned is http://www.bucklesandbows.co.uk/ and looks great too.
    Thanks a million for all your help guys!

Glad to help! Due to exericise and genetics, I have large calves, and just can't find boots that fit. I have 80+ pairs of shoes and maybe 2 of those are boots that fit. When I start to earn some proper money, then I'm treating myself to some boots from those websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

I've bought 3 pairs of boots from DUO recently and they are fantastic. Their customer service is brilliant. I sent back a pair cos the calk was too big and they sent me a replacement pair straight away. I would highly reccomend this company!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

for those of you with large calves, evans do great shoes with a wider leg fit... i got a great pair last week reduced from 75 to 12 euro lol huge sale on there at the mo!! so check out evans before the sale is over....

Evans is a place that I would never even have thought of for shoes. Thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

no problem and they do wide fittings in shoe sizes too which is great... especially in sandals and stuff!! and they also do some really cool accesories!! happy shopping.... lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

evans do rock but i found taht their boots were more buckety than boots, ive big calves, too big to buy other boots but i found not big enough for evans

OK, I called into Evans last night, and for the first time ever in my life, every boot I tried on zipped up no problems. There was a hitch though, they were all too baggy and loose around the ankle. So it appears that I have thin ankles but fat calves. Will my quest for a well-fitting boot ever end?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dudara wrote:
    You can order online too, I think Duo Boots are one name, and buckles and bows are another. these are particularly good for ladies with larger calves.

dudara
    you're a doll!
    I have never been able to find knee high boots that fit properly, thanks to you I ordered from Duo last friday and they arrived last night!!
    They're perfect! I'm thrilled with them :D

Great :D. Delighted to hear that.

What's the fit around the ankles like? I seem to have small ankles but large calves, and I want the boots to fit all over!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

dudara wrote:
    Great :D. Delighted to hear that.

What's the fit around the ankles like? I seem to have small ankles but large calves, and I want the boots to fit all over!

I got the madrid style
    they are a tiny bit loose around the ankle, but it's so slight that it matters not, don't know if that means they would be ok on you however... that's a risk you take when ordering online without trying them on first, but I don't think there would be any problem sending them back if they don't fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

Pinx wrote:
    Does anyone know of anywhere around Dublin offering a service for custom-made shoes and boots? ! :)
    shoe makers number one tara street is the only place i know he's very good just take a pic of the boot or shoe you want made with you

Advertisement