Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rag Week

Options
  • 23-01-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

What do you Galway heads expect out of this years rag week.

Anything you would like to see in the pubs besides ripping them apart like The River Inn?:p

Working on a fixture list for a pub in town and would love a bit of advice on what to have on.

Last year we stuck with cheap drink, karaoke, djs and a wet top competition. Would anyone have any ideas that would make for a good night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭brian_boru

Shanley wrote:
    Last year we stuck with cheap drink, karaoke, djs and a wet top competition. Would anyone have any ideas that would make for a good night?

FGS What more do you need for a nite out lol??? As long as the Wet Top compo was a girls entry only competition (haha) :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Shanley wrote:
    What do you Galway heads expect out of this years rag week.

Anything you would like to see in the pubs besides ripping them apart like The River Inn?:p

Working on a fixture list for a pub in town and would love a bit of advice on what to have on.

You're too young, stay in school

Na!it will be destroying the river inn for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slightlycrazy

Typical Leitrim person always wishing to get down and dirty and destroy everything in their path...

At least we have something to destroy unlike achill!I dunno!have a beach party or foam party!i know its unlikely to work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

didn't they used to have foam partys in the GPO and nightclubs open during the day? That sounds like a proper idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

danniemcq wrote:
    didn't they used to have foam partys in the GPO and nightclubs open during the day? That sounds like a proper idea
    If you can get in that is, last year the queue for the foam party was gigantinormous, I decided to head to Sally Longs for a few pints instead...

and all in all it sound nearly a better idea

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

What dates is rag week in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Well I know the GMIT Rag Week starts 20th February, dunno about the NUIG one, i'd imagine the week before although its usually the week after...

• Advertisement

yeah they are usually one after the other, they were last year anyway

fun blurred memories...

and i wasn't even a student

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

NUIG one starts the 27th of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

For me it's get two crates of Kopparberg and with the six bottles of Poitín, drink in houses til I pass out. That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And you people got into college.

I've always thought there was something extremely wrong with the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

the su in NUIG is workin on the line up this week
    last week they only got 10 suggestions form the commitee

Im guessing most of those suggestions involved drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

students drinking?
    perish the thought

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not as odd as people from sligo in 70's shirts going to college eh JIZZLORD?

I just learned that 3rd year ITers won't get Rag week as their exams are on that week, so no Rag week for me next year /cry :(

Ouch thats a killer!this is my first rag week!hopefully it will be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I went in loaded on the friday of RAG week last year and withdrew myself from my course for the craic!!! (I was in first year I.T and didn't bother my arse with it so it was best I left and theres no better time to do it then when your tanked!!!)

Definately heading up for the week this year, got me a week and a half of work for it im so gonna go daft!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

this will be my fourth rag week, and this year even though im in first time of uni i will be studyin....
    done it all before.

cmmni wrote:
    this will be my fourth rag week, and this year even though im in first time of uni i will be studyin....
    done it all before.
    Ah well thats what transition year does for ya!I dont care!This is my first rag week and i was told by [people that your first rag week is your best.

Although im a bit worried as the student union in nuig have nothing organised.fair play to gmit!They will have saw docs!We'll prob have nobody the way the su is going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I wouldn't say the first RAG week is the best, I used to always go up to it when i was in secondary school (my sister was there so I was up to her).
    Last year was my third full week and each year has been better so
    hopefully this year is even better again!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wegians06

I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SAW DOCTORS. YIPEE:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

It's my sixth Rag Week. I never liked it. Everyone is sweatier drunker shoutier pukier more aggro, all the clubs are fcoking wedged, cabs are scarce, and the college is a fcoking mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

On end of the month isn't it?
    I may well be safely ensconced out Home-Home™

SyxPak wrote:
    On end of the month isn't it?
    I may well be safely ensconced out Home-Home™
    Yup, it starts on the 27th

Advertisement