Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Games Online - Cheapest Place

Options
  • 23-01-2006 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

I'm just wondering what are the cheapest websites to buy PC, PS2 and Xbox games?

Cheers,
    Random

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ive always gone with cdwow, havent let me down before, im not sure if theres cheaper out there. play.com are the exact same as cdwow, in prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

always shop around for the best price

play.com and cdwow are both good
    it's also worth checking simplygames and amazon.co.uk out while you're at it... you have to factor in postage costs for the last 2 though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

...and you'll generally save an extra euro or so if you select the UK version of CDwow when you are ordering as the exchange rate currently works out better for us. You can still use the same details and Irish delivery address even though you ordered in GBP.

Not sure if the same trick works on play.com, but there seems to be more of a difference in their GBP and EUR prices though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Ebay is lowest prices youll find anywhere, much cheaper then cdwow,play.com, anywhere.

and you can get any game...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

cdwow and play both have free delivery which can be really nice, esp since anything on ebay you will have to add 4-5eur! i have often bought a game for 1 eur only to have to pay 5eur delievery lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

robinph wrote:
    Not sure if the same trick works on play.com, but there seems to be more of a difference in their GBP and EUR prices though.
    ALWAYS buy in sterling from Play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

ALWAYS buy in sterling from Play.com

i agree with the above ^ , i always bought in €uros from play but decided to test out buying in £ british pounds after reading a thread on boards .

so i bought a dvd for £6.99 ( it was €11.49 on the €uro price list ) my credit card was charged €10.20 for the dvd , which was a saving of €1.29 :eek: just on a £ 6.99 dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Cheers Guys,

Yeah i always buy in pounds whenever i shop with cdwow or play. I only tended to buy cds and dvds off them before but now it looks like game too :D.

Re: eBay i have bought games off ebay before and hadnt a problem but some people are well dodge tho ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

I've always gone to e-bay. The check the shipping costs first then what payment they prefer.

Advertisement