Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black Corset Top

• 23-01-2006 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im going to a formal ball in March. Rather than buy a new dress Im thinking of wearing a skirt I have. Its Long satin, dark plum colour. Id love a corset top to go with it. probably need one with shoulder straps as I havent a big chest so Im trying to accentuate what I have. Im in Kildare but Dublins easy to get too if anyones seen any. I know Julien in Temple bar (i think thats the name!) is cool but I havent been there in ages. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got a corset in Asha and they also had them in Bershka before Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Try Coast in BTs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Corsets are back in fashion now, loads of the high street shops in Dublin have em, you'll be spoilt for choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Before Christmas, I bought a corset top in A-Wear for my boyfriends graduation ball. It was burgundy with black lace over it and a little lacey broach on the top left handside. Straps were also included. Would go nicely with that skirt :cool:

Or as Nala said, they're back in fashion at the moment so you shouldn't have any problem finding one that suits you.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

thanks guys i will have to get myself a day off work and head in for a look. Asha used to do lovely stuff allright I used to be in the city centre alot in college but working now and its been ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

in the Georges street arcade in a shop beside the piercing place they do some nice corsets for around 70-80 euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

in the Georges street arcade in a shop beside the piercing place they do some nice corsets for around 70-80 euros
    That would be Hellcats, which is part of Retro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

Julien in Stephens green deffo has them....lovely black ones and my friend bought a brown one just the other day. ...She spent nearly €200 on it and it fabulous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I got a beautiful black corset in New Look in Liffey Valley that I plan on wearing to a ball...it was only 16 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Dunnes had em before crimbo, most places in Temple Bar, Asha, and Georges Arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

would a corset be too sluty for a teenage disco (for a 14 year old)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Got a nice plain black one in Penneys as well actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

for a 14 year old? yes. It depends on the style aswell though, the one I got is fairly low but you can get higher style ones, although, overall yes, way too slutty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

PlayGirl wrote:
    pictures and i'll let you know.

preferably in as little as possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

pictures and i'll let you know.

preferably in as little as possible
    i'm not going to send you a pic of my 14 year old sis!! anyway she didnt buy it yet.. she was asking me if she should cause she knows i got style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

coast always hav fab corsets
    seen a gorge 1 in morgan...was cream but may have came in black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

PlayGirl wrote:

tbh, she could be wearing alot less.
    in fact i'd say its a great idea, far less chance of any knackers getting it off her or getting their hands up there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

playgirl some of them are quit classy and not slutty at all! it deopends on the style and what shes wearing with it tbh. Im wearing one to a formal ball so a slutty one wouldnt go down well there at all lol. thank you for all the tips guys im hoping to get in shopping soon and will show you what I get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I seen a nice black corset top in top shop there yesterday think it was €50 or €60 very nice too if you want to have a look for yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

PlayGirl wrote:

Well I'm a 14 year old girl and a lot of my friends and me wear them to discos and on nights out and you do look classier then the people in tiny boob tubes.Plus the realy expensive ones improve your posture:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement