Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death from Above 1979 bass...

• 23-01-2006 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

So i'v been listening to them a bit lately and am amazed by the sounds he can get out of his bass... Anyone know what effects pedals he uses? I'v been playing in a three piece punk/post-hardcore band for about 2 years now and I'm looking to fill out my sound a bit, the only pedal I use at the moment is a Big Muff guitar pedal now and then..

Basically I'm looking for some pedals to make my bass sound a bit different...

Any help appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭loki_atwa

hey uses a crybaby bass wah and goes direct to a marshall guitar amp as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 silverbug

When i saw them at oxegen he was using rack monthed effects, thats all i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭keyran

Steer clear of the all in one jobs with loads of different effects. The sound is usually tripe.

Spend the extra bit of cash and get yourself a few pedals doing just one job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 notmeagain

Yeah I wasn't really coonsidering a multi- effects. Can anyone reccommend some good makes/ types of pedal that would suit a three piece punk/posthardcore bassist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

You cant go wrong with a boss ODB-3 bass overdrive. You can get almost the same sounds with one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

What's post hardcore when it's at home? Go into one of the nice music shops around the place and ask to try out some pedals. If they refuse, well, that's not a very smart sales pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evesalibi

The ODB3 pedal is nice but I prefer the "Digitech Bass Driver - Bass Overdrive/Distortion". It has a Morph pot that gives you 3 different overdrive models.

Check out the Harmony Central reviews or just plug one in and give it a go.

-nelius :rolleyes:
    [Eve's Alibi]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 notmeagain

What's post hardcore when it's at home?
    This is a decent answer to your question, which i did not make up myself...

'Post-hardcore, as a musical genre, is marked by its precise rhythms and loud guitar-based instrumentation accompanied by vocal performances that are as often sung as shouted. The genre has developed a unique balance of dissonance and melody. It shares with its hardcore roots an intensity and social awareness as well as a DIY punk ethic, yet eschews much of the unfocused adolescent rage and sloppy amatuerisms of punk rock'

Thanks for the replies...

Advertisement